Sorry I ment RE: 'Oh Crap! Oh Crap! Oh Crap! Recycle bin says are you sure you want to delete "windo

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Guest, Jan 23, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    >>I have XP pro.

    >Ok good start.

    >>I have had a problem with my MP3 player and had to reformat it.

    >Ok, some mystery MP3 player.

    Yep! very mysterious Chinese no name one.

    >>There was a lot of corruption on it.
    >>Since then my recycle bin says there is something in it but there is'nt

    >Huh?

    The MP3 had a lot of corrupt files.
    I re-formated it, this is when the recycle bin went from empty to full icon.

    >> and when I go 'right click' 'empty recycle bin' i get a message saying do I want to delete
    >>" Windows".
    >>What the f__k is happening?

    >There is something in there otherwise you wouldn't have empty recycle
    >bin as an option.

    Thats why I'm concerned.
    When I left click, the window for recycle bin opens but there is nothing visible in it.
    Hide sys files is disabled.

    I'm very experianced with pc's but this one is stumping me.
    I wondered is it could be a new vulnerability being used or a virus?
    Guest, Jan 23, 2007

  2. Guest

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 03:51:29 GMT, <>
    wrote:

    >Yep! very mysterious Chinese no name one.

    Please do not create a new thread to reply to a thread.

    Use the follow up key in your newsreader.
    Evan Platt, Jan 23, 2007

  3. Guest

    1932 Guest

    <> wrote in message

    >>>I have XP pro.

    >>Ok good start.

    >>>I have had a problem with my MP3 player and had to reformat it.

    >>Ok, some mystery MP3 player.

    > Yep! very mysterious Chinese no name one.
    >
    >>>There was a lot of corruption on it.
    >>>Since then my recycle bin says there is something in it but there is'nt

    >>Huh?

    > The MP3 had a lot of corrupt files.
    > I re-formated it, this is when the recycle bin went from empty to full
    > icon.
    >
    >>> and when I go 'right click' 'empty recycle bin' i get a message saying
    >>> do I want to delete
    >>>" Windows".
    >>>What the f__k is happening?

    >>There is something in there otherwise you wouldn't have empty recycle
    >>bin as an option.

    > Thats why I'm concerned.
    > When I left click, the window for recycle bin opens but there is nothing
    > visible in it.
    > Hide sys files is disabled.
    >
    > I'm very experianced with pc's but this one is stumping me.
    > I wondered is it could be a new vulnerability being used or a virus?

    Open the Recycle bin. Rt/click in it, and do a properties.
    See whether it shows `invisible contents`.
    1932, Jan 23, 2007