    page scrolls very jerkily.
    It never used to happen, and a tad annoying.
    Any help please?
    Bobby Tupper, Oct 12, 2003

  2. Bobby Tupper

    Harrison Guest

    Does this happen primarily on web pages with animations?
    Older and lower end graphics adapters tend to do this.
    Upgrade to a better video card.

    Harrison, Oct 12, 2003

  3. Bobby Tupper

    °Mike° Guest

    Toggle smooth scrolling in Tools / Internet Options / Advanced
    tab. Do some cleanup maintenance.

    Basic computer maintenance

    On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 19:02:16 +0000 (UTC), in
    <bmc8fn$l7l$>
    Bobby Tupper scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD
    °Mike°, Oct 12, 2003
  4. Bobby Tupper

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 19:02:16 +0000 (UTC), Bobby Tupper wrote:

    OS?

    >When I am scrolling, say through the posts in N.Gs everything is O.K.
    >but when looking at a web page, I scroll and there is a delay, then the

    Web browser?

    >page scrolls very jerkily.
    >It never used to happen, and a tad annoying.
    >Any help please?

    For MSIE try,
    Tools / Options / Advanced / Browsing / (last entry in Browsing just
    above HTTP 1.1) tick use smoothh scrolling.

    For Mozilla 1.4/1.5
    Edit / Preferences / Advanced / Mouse Wheel / Has set number of lines
    /page or use system default.

    Opera 7.11/20
    File / Preferences / try the Mouse and Keyboard settings.

    System wide options would be in Control Panel / Mouse.

    Me
    why?, Oct 12, 2003
  5. Bobby Tupper

    Bobby Tupper Guest

    > On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 19:02:16 +0000 (UTC), Bobby Tupper wrote:
    >
    > OS?
    >
    > >When I am scrolling, say through the posts in N.Gs everything is O.K.
    > >but when looking at a web page, I scroll and there is a delay, then

    the

    > Web browser?
    >
    > >page scrolls very jerkily.
    > >It never used to happen, and a tad annoying.
    > >Any help please?

    > For MSIE try,
    > Tools / Options / Advanced / Browsing / (last entry in Browsing just
    > above HTTP 1.1) tick use smoothh scrolling.
    >
    > For Mozilla 1.4/1.5
    > Edit / Preferences / Advanced / Mouse Wheel / Has set number of lines
    > /page or use system default.
    >
    > Opera 7.11/20
    > File / Preferences / try the Mouse and Keyboard settings.
    >
    > System wide options would be in Control Panel / Mouse.
    >
    > Me

    Hi, yes that works o.k. *But* when I re start my computer it is back to
    square 1.
    By the way, Win98 IE6.
    TA BT
    Bobby Tupper, Oct 12, 2003