    --
    Brat® MCNGP # 69
    The Original and Forever MINE
    =?Utf-8?B?QnJhdA==?=, Nov 9, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QnJhdA==?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >I can see all my posts but you guys never see
    >them and they do not appear on the web side.

    We can see them, it's just we never reply 'cos we don't like your ;-)

    Just kidding *runs away quickly*

    btw, hope you're keeping well.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Nov 9, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?QnJhdA==?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Brat" <> wrote in message
    >I stopped by for a visit this week and for some reason my ISP (fskers)
    >shows
    > my posts in my client (OE & xnews) but it never appears on the server.
    > The
    > only way I can post and you guys can see it is if I post from the MS
    > communities site... fsck that! Ports are not blocked... service is
    > correct... was still set up from the last time I was in here but I
    > reloaded
    > it just in case... same issue. I can see all my posts but you guys never
    > see
    > them and they do not appear on the web side. Does not appear to be a
    > replication problem as I have been posting for days with no luck. I'll
    > check
    > with my ISP when I have 20+ mins to spare on hold... would think I would
    > get
    > a direct line since I work for them... sheeeeesh!!!

    Ever consider using MS's own news servers instead of your ISP's?

    > I'll email Neil or C if I have any luck later on.
    >
    > And remember... if you give out memberships to new people... #69 is still
    > MINE!!!!!!

    Nope.
    Frisbee®, Nov 9, 2006
  4. "Frisbee®" wrote:

    > "Brat" <> wrote in message
    > >I stopped by for a visit this week and for some reason my ISP (fskers)
    > >shows
    > > my posts in my client (OE & xnews) but it never appears on the server.
    > > The
    > > only way I can post and you guys can see it is if I post from the MS
    > > communities site... fsck that! Ports are not blocked... service is
    > > correct... was still set up from the last time I was in here but I
    > > reloaded
    > > it just in case... same issue. I can see all my posts but you guys never
    > > see
    > > them and they do not appear on the web side. Does not appear to be a
    > > replication problem as I have been posting for days with no luck. I'll
    > > check
    > > with my ISP when I have 20+ mins to spare on hold... would think I would
    > > get
    > > a direct line since I work for them... sheeeeesh!!!

    > Ever consider using MS's own news servers instead of your ISP's?

    Hey forgot to try that. I haven't used them in years... know the server
    name? Yeah I forget

    > > I'll email Neil or C if I have any luck later on.
    > >
    > > And remember... if you give out memberships to new people... #69 is still
    > > MINE!!!!!!

    > Nope.

    YES Damnit! I'll pay you the $1.99 registration fee (one time lifetime
    membership fee of course)
    =?Utf-8?B?QnJhdA==?=, Nov 9, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?QnJhdA==?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear =?Utf-8?B?QnJhdA==?= <> say in

    >> Ever consider using MS's own news servers instead of your ISP's?

    > Hey forgot to try that. I haven't used them in years... know the server
    > name? Yeah I forget

    msnews.microsoft.com

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006

    - Why do we wash bath towels? Aren't we clean when we use them?
    Neil, Nov 9, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?QnJhdA==?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Brat" <> wrote in message
    > "Frisbee®" wrote:
    >
    >> "Brat" <> wrote in message
    >> >I stopped by for a visit this week and for some reason my ISP (fskers)
    >> >shows
    >> > my posts in my client (OE & xnews) but it never appears on the server.
    >> > The
    >> > only way I can post and you guys can see it is if I post from the MS
    >> > communities site... fsck that! Ports are not blocked... service is
    >> > correct... was still set up from the last time I was in here but I
    >> > reloaded
    >> > it just in case... same issue. I can see all my posts but you guys
    >> > never
    >> > see
    >> > them and they do not appear on the web side. Does not appear to be a
    >> > replication problem as I have been posting for days with no luck. I'll
    >> > check
    >> > with my ISP when I have 20+ mins to spare on hold... would think I
    >> > would
    >> > get
    >> > a direct line since I work for them... sheeeeesh!!!

    >> Ever consider using MS's own news servers instead of your ISP's?

    > Hey forgot to try that. I haven't used them in years... know the server
    > name? Yeah I forget

    msnews.microsoft.com

    >> > I'll email Neil or C if I have any luck later on.
    >> >
    >> > And remember... if you give out memberships to new people... #69 is
    >> > still
    >> > MINE!!!!!!

    >> Nope.

    > YES Damnit! I'll pay you the $1.99 registration fee (one time lifetime
    > membership fee of course)

    Nobody gets to pick their own number. You think I like being "lucky 13?"
    Frisbee®, Nov 9, 2006
  7. "Frisbee®" wrote:

    > "Brat" <> wrote in message
    > > "Frisbee®" wrote:
    > >
    > >> "Brat" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> Ever consider using MS's own news servers instead of your ISP's?

    > > Hey forgot to try that. I haven't used them in years... know the server
    > > name? Yeah I forget

    > msnews.microsoft.com

    Thanks Neil & Fris. I'll try tonight when I go home.

    > >> Nope.

    > > YES Damnit! I'll pay you the $1.99 registration fee (one time lifetime
    > > membership fee of course)

    > Nobody gets to pick their own number. You think I like being "lucky 13?"

    What's wrong with 13?

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJhdA==?=, Nov 9, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?QnJhdA==?=

    CBIC Guest

    "Brat" <> wrote in message

    > What's wrong with 13?

    Yeah, 13 is gangsta.
    CBIC, Nov 9, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?QnJhdA==?=

    Jtyc Guest

    > msnews.microsoft.com

    I use news.microsoft.com.

    I like to be different.
    Jtyc, Nov 9, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?QnJhdA==?=

    JaR Guest

    On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 18:41:02 -0800, Brat cast into the ether:

    > would think I would get
    > a direct line since I work for them... sheeeeesh!!!
    >
    > I'll email Neil or C if I have any luck later on.
    >
    > And remember... if you give out memberships to new people... #69 is still
    > MINE!!!!!!

    Hey, they wouldn't let me keep #42! Sorry.

    Anyway, how's our favrit Newfie? Where ya been?

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22
    JaR, Nov 9, 2006
  11. "JaR" wrote:

    > On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 18:41:02 -0800, Brat cast into the ether:
    >
    > > would think I would get
    > > a direct line since I work for them... sheeeeesh!!!
    > >
    > > I'll email Neil or C if I have any luck later on.
    > >
    > > And remember... if you give out memberships to new people... #69 is still
    > > MINE!!!!!!

    > Hey, they wouldn't let me keep #42! Sorry.
    >
    > Anyway, how's our favrit Newfie? Where ya been?

    lol well lets see....

    I'm engaged - wedding Aug 25th next year
    both kids were adopted last week by my fiance
    changed departments at work (now senior agent, trainer, scheduler, etc)
    up for promotion
    on call support all summer
    went on vacation for a week (in-laws visited for a few days)
    Built new PC (Vista sucks - back to XP Pro)

    there is more I am sure but I cant think of it all right now.

    lol
    =?Utf-8?B?QnJhdA==?=, Nov 9, 2006
  12. =?Utf-8?B?QnJhdA==?=

    Briscobar Guest

    "CBIC" <> wrote in message

    > "Brat" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> What's wrong with 13?
    >>>

    > Yeah, 13 is gangsta.

    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.
    Briscobar, Nov 9, 2006
  13. "Brat" wrote:

    > "JaR" wrote:
    >
    > > On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 18:41:02 -0800, Brat cast into the ether:
    > >
    > > > would think I would get
    > > > a direct line since I work for them... sheeeeesh!!!
    > > >
    > > > I'll email Neil or C if I have any luck later on.
    > > >
    > > > And remember... if you give out memberships to new people... #69 is still
    > > > MINE!!!!!!

    > > Hey, they wouldn't let me keep #42! Sorry.
    > >
    > > Anyway, how's our favrit Newfie? Where ya been?
    > >

    > lol well lets see....
    >
    > I'm engaged - wedding Aug 25th next year
    > both kids were adopted last week by my fiance
    > changed departments at work (now senior agent, trainer, scheduler, etc)
    > up for promotion
    > on call support all summer
    > went on vacation for a week (in-laws visited for a few days)
    > Built new PC (Vista sucks - back to XP Pro)
    >
    > there is more I am sure but I cant think of it all right now.

    So what yer sayin' is that you've been miserably bored without the MCNGP to
    keep you company.
    =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=, Nov 9, 2006
  14. "Keyboard Cowboy" wrote:

    > "Brat" wrote:
    >

    > > "JaR" wrote:
    > >
    > > > On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 18:41:02 -0800, Brat cast into the ether:

    > > > Hey, they wouldn't let me keep #42! Sorry.
    > > >
    > > > Anyway, how's our favrit Newfie? Where ya been?
    > > >

    > > lol well lets see....
    > >
    > > I'm engaged - wedding Aug 25th next year
    > > both kids were adopted last week by my fiance
    > > changed departments at work (now senior agent, trainer, scheduler, etc)
    > > up for promotion
    > > on call support all summer
    > > went on vacation for a week (in-laws visited for a few days)
    > > Built new PC (Vista sucks - back to XP Pro)
    > >
    > > there is more I am sure but I cant think of it all right now.
    > >

    > So what yer sayin' is that you've been miserably bored without the MCNGP to
    > keep you company.

    YES!
    =?Utf-8?B?QnJhdA==?=, Nov 9, 2006
  15. "Brat" wrote:

    > "Keyboard Cowboy" wrote:

    > > > lol well lets see....
    > > >
    > > > I'm engaged - wedding Aug 25th next year
    > > > both kids were adopted last week by my fiance
    > > > changed departments at work (now senior agent, trainer, scheduler, etc)
    > > > up for promotion
    > > > on call support all summer
    > > > went on vacation for a week (in-laws visited for a few days)
    > > > Built new PC (Vista sucks - back to XP Pro)
    > > >
    > > > there is more I am sure but I cant think of it all right now.
    > > >

    > > So what yer sayin' is that you've been miserably bored without the MCNGP to
    > > keep you company.

    > YES!

    So how is nerd327...er... uh... your fiance doing these days?
    =?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=, Nov 9, 2006
  16. "Keyboard Cowboy" wrote:

    > "Brat" wrote:

    > > > So what yer sayin' is that you've been miserably bored without the MCNGP to
    > > > keep you company.

    > > YES!

    > So how is nerd327...er... uh... your fiance doing these days?

    lol besides getting the company van, still in the out of town territory,
    fixing ABMs, trying to get eServer training, listening to me plan the
    wedding? lol he should be hired full time at IBM in the next few weeks. His
    2 year (yes I said 2 years - odd system) is almost up so I'm looking forward
    to spending his pay raise :)
    =?Utf-8?B?QnJhdA==?=, Nov 9, 2006
  17. "Brat" wrote:

    > "Keyboard Cowboy" wrote:

    > > > YES!

    > > So how is nerd327...er... uh... your fiance doing these days?

    > lol besides getting the company van, still in the out of town territory,
    > fixing ABMs, trying to get eServer training, listening to me plan the
    > wedding? lol he should be hired full time at IBM in the next few weeks. His
    > 2 year (yes I said 2 years - odd system)

    sorry.. 2 year probationary period

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJhdA==?=, Nov 9, 2006
  18. =?Utf-8?B?QnJhdA==?=

    JaR Guest

    On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 08:59:02 -0800, Brat cast into the ether:

    > I'm engaged - wedding Aug 25th next year

    Congrats, kiddo!

    > both kids were adopted last week by my fiance

    Very nice.

    > changed departments at work (now senior agent, trainer, scheduler, etc)

    Chief cook and bottle washer?

    > up for promotion

    Let you play with the swervers?

    > on call support all summer

    Ugh.

    > went on vacation for a week (in-laws visited for a few days) Built new
    > PC (Vista sucks - back to XP Pro) ...

    Vista may be responsible for more new linux users than any release in MS
    history. I'm sure that's why MS and Novell/SuSE just struck a deal. Talk
    about dancing with the devil.

    > there is more I am sure but I cant think of it all right now.

    Well stick around this time for a while until ya do.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22
    JaR, Nov 9, 2006
  19. "JaR" wrote:

    > On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 08:59:02 -0800, Brat cast into the ether:
    >
    > > I'm engaged - wedding Aug 25th next year

    > Congrats, kiddo!
    >
    > > both kids were adopted last week by my fiance

    > Very nice.
    >
    > > changed departments at work (now senior agent, trainer, scheduler, etc)

    > Chief cook and bottle washer?
    >
    > > up for promotion

    > Let you play with the swervers?
    >
    > > on call support all summer

    > Ugh.
    >
    > > went on vacation for a week (in-laws visited for a few days) Built new
    > > PC (Vista sucks - back to XP Pro) ...
    > >

    > Vista may be responsible for more new linux users than any release in MS
    > history. I'm sure that's why MS and Novell/SuSE just struck a deal. Talk
    > about dancing with the devil.
    >
    > > there is more I am sure but I cant think of it all right now.

    > Well stick around this time for a while until ya do.

    yes dad!
    =?Utf-8?B?QnJhdA==?=, Nov 9, 2006
  20. =?Utf-8?B?QnJhdA==?=

    Briscobar Guest

    "Brat" <> wrote in message

    > sorry.. 2 year probationary period

    I know a guy who got a 2 year probationary period as well. But he didn't get
    paid for it. How did your fiance get a sweet gig like that? Is it a Canadian
    thing, to pay your criminals?
    Briscobar, Nov 9, 2006