Sorry For All The Multiple Posting Of My Question

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bob, Dec 7, 2009.

  1. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Hi Guys,

    See that there were a zillion posts of my question re password managers.

    Don't know the reason why, but I certainly apologize for them.

    Am using Thunderbird now, and find it is a bit quirky.
    Like it a lot, as it's the closest thing to Outlook Express that I could
    find for Windows7.

    But, at times, it seems to do weird things.

    Perhaps I held a key down too long, or it just did it on its own.

    In any event, sorry.

    Bob

    Bob, Dec 7, 2009

  2. Bob

    Mike Easter Guest

    Bob wrote:

    > See that there were a zillion posts of my question re password

    managers.

    This message appeared only once on the individual & eternal-september
    newservers:

    From: Bob
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Subject: Password Manager Suggestions ?

    I didn't check other newsservers.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Dec 7, 2009

  3. Bob

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2009-12-07, Mike Easter <> wrote:
    > Bob wrote:
    >
    >> See that there were a zillion posts of my question re password

    > managers.
    >
    > This message appeared only once on the individual & eternal-september
    > newservers:
    >
    > From: Bob
    > Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    > Subject: Password Manager Suggestions ?
    >
    > I didn't check other newsservers.

    Google seems to concur
    <http://groups.google.co.uk/groups/profile?hl=en?hl&enc_user=i9PF0RQAAADL
    JOyxIypFbS1J75rhfiJLaJPyADqxHu7kFv3NdNhjAw> - only three posts ever "From:
    Bob <>".

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Dec 7, 2009
  4. Bob

    PeeCee Guest

    "Bob" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Guys,

    snip
    > Like it a lot, as it's the closest thing to Outlook Express that I could
    > find for Windows7.

    snip

    Bob

    The closest thing you will find to Outlook Express for Windows 7 is "Windows
    Live Mail"
    Microsoft as usuall is ignoring it's customers needs by removing such a
    basic tool from the standard install of Windows 7.
    Further than that it has also removed Writer, Movie Maker and Paint from the
    standard install.

    Microsoft has however it has made them available as a Suite of programs
    called "Windows Live Essentials"
    Point your browser at http://download.live.com/wlmail and click the download
    button.
    'Run' the wl-setup-web.exe program and select the 'Live' components you want
    to download and install.
    (I only get Mail, Paint, Movie Maker and Writer, the rest I untick)

    When the install has finished you will find an entry in your All Programs
    list for the Windows Live Essentials you selected.

    Windows Live Mail is to all intents and purposes Vista's "Windows Mail"
    which is itself a warmed over Outlook Express.
    Differences to note between Outlook Express and Windows Live Mail.
    * The obvious interface makeover.
    * Menu's are not shown by default, press the Alt key to have them show up.
    There is an option in a button at the right side end of the button bar to
    have the menu's show at all times.
    *Send / Receive is now "Sync"
    *Address book is now "Contacts" and contacts are saved as individual files
    not in a wab container.
    * Emails are saved as individual files not in a dbx container file.
    * Emails are stored in C:\User\\app data\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail.
    * Contacts are stored nearby but I havent quite nailed where yet.

    If you dig around in the menu's most of OE still appears to be there just
    jumbled up a bit to confuse and annoy.

    Best
    Paul.

    PeeCee, Dec 7, 2009
  5. Bob

    chuckcar Guest

    Bob <> wrote in

    > Hi Guys,
    >
    > See that there were a zillion posts of my question re password managers.
    >
    > Don't know the reason why, but I certainly apologize for them.
    >
    > Am using Thunderbird now, and find it is a bit quirky.
    > Like it a lot, as it's the closest thing to Outlook Express that I could
    > find for Windows7.
    >
    > But, at times, it seems to do weird things.
    >
    > Perhaps I held a key down too long, or it just did it on its own.
    >
    > In any event, sorry.

    No idea how you got that idea. I grab articles from four different servers
    and your post only appears once to me.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Dec 7, 2009