Sorry Folks!!

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Bill Kelly, Jun 22, 2006.

  1. Bill Kelly

    Bill Kelly Guest

    Microsoft Staff,
    My personal experience has found macromedia software to be unreliable,
    causing somtimes even severe problems. I refuse to put their garbage on my
    machine. Why does the response from your error reporting tell me that I have
    a problem if I don't use them? Are they a sister company? Are many of their
    shareholders also Microsoft shareholders? Can I expect an honest and
    accurate reply to this? I would hope so. I have heard that my accessment of
    Macromedia is shared by many others, having similar experiences, one of them
    being a beta tester for microsoft, and involved in the PC world since its
    early beginnings. Most of the time, with my 32 bit Xp proffesional, I can
    access my weather reporting funcions from my homepage, and even though I
    continuously refuse the requests to put macromedia on my system, the weather
    prediction and reporting, including the radar and such, comes through fine.
    Now, on the 64 bit version, I am having problems, and am being told by
    Microsoft that I just have to comply, and put this junk on my computer. Why?
    I hope this is only a temporary problem that you are working on. Because I
    have been told that there are many of us who refuse to put Macrotrash on our
    machines. I understand that this may have somewhat to do with things
    unbeknownst to me, but why does 32 bit XP not reqiure Macromedia, but 64 bit
    has a problem. I would like to believe that this is not in any way
    deliberate, that is that you don't have in mind for your customers to be
    forced to deal with inferior software? Am I right?
    Sincerely,
    Bill Kelly.

    Bill Kelly, Jun 22, 2006

  2. Since this is not a managed newsgroup it is unlikely that Microsoft will
    ever see your comments and concerns. Perhaps you should submit this
    feedback to them directly.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 22, 2006

  3. Bill Kelly

    Peter Lawton Guest

    This is a useful free utility:-

    http://www.flashswitch.com/

    Allows you to install the Flash plugin, but then turn it off except for
    those occasional, extremely badly written web sites that aren't useable
    without it.

    I've found web sites load a lot faster and look a lot nicer with Flash
    switched off and MSIE set not to play animations, sounds or videos on web
    sites (gets rid of a lot of the most annoying adverts too)

    Peter Lawton

    Peter Lawton, Jun 22, 2006
  4. Bill Kelly

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 08:46:58 +0100, "Peter Lawton" <>
    wrote:

    >(gets rid of a lot of the most annoying adverts too)

    If you want to get rid of advertisers, a more drastic method is to set the
    specific advertisers-site in the hosts-file to point to localhost.
    There is a frequently updated list of (nasty) advertisers, in different
    formats. You only need to copy and paste the hosts-compatible format into
    your hosts-file. List at http://pgl.yoyo.org/adservers/ It makes surfing
    fun again :)
    I use Firefox by the way, and there is a Flash-blocker for that one as
    well.

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Jun 22, 2006