    --

    Winter and Summer holidays in the alps!!!
    www.austrianfamilyholidays.co.uk

    Nigel, Mar 29, 2007

  2. Nigel

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Nigel" <> wrote in message
    news:eugasi$8q0$
    > Hi,
    >
    > When I open my fritz box interface I have the message
    > that I have news in my mail-box. I have collected the
    > messages but the message is still there. Is there any way
    > to get rid of it or stop it checking it.

    Have you asked AVM..? Sounds like it might be a firmware bug..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Mar 29, 2007

  3. Nigel

    Nigel Guest

    Another question- I use one provider to dial out but I use another provider
    for incoming calls, with the Fritzbox is it possible so that when the other
    party telephone rings it shows the incoming number not the number I am using
    to dial out with.! I dial out with voipstunt but I use a sipgate number for
    people to dial me.

    Does that make sense.

    Thanks

    Nigel

    Nigel, Mar 30, 2007
  4. Nigel

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Nigel" <> wrote in message
    > Another question- I use one provider to dial out but I
    > use another provider for incoming calls, with the
    > Fritzbox is it possible so that when the other party
    > telephone rings it shows the incoming number not the
    > number I am using to dial out with.! I dial out with
    > voipstunt but I use a sipgate number for people to dial
    > me.
    > Does that make sense.

    All the SIP accounts on a Fritz!Box are independent of one another except
    for the fact that they may ring the same phone. When you call out, the
    number of the line you are calling out on will be presented, unless of
    course you withhold it.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Mar 30, 2007
  5. Nigel

    Rob Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > .................................................... When you call out,

    the
    > number of the line you are calling out on will be presented, unless of
    > course you withhold it.

    Which, if I understand you correctly means you can only present the number
    of the line (account) you actually use to call out, ie you can not spoof the
    CLI (or use one from another account)?

    Nigels post had made me think that the Fritz!Box had yet another significant
    advantage over my DrayTek 2800VG (no FXO ports and only 6 VoIP accounts).

    Rob

    Rob, Mar 30, 2007
  6. Nigel

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Rob" <> wrote in message
    > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > > When you call out, the number of the line you are
    > > calling out on will be presented, unless of course you
    > > withhold it.

    > Which, if I understand you correctly means you can only
    > present the number of the line (account) you actually use
    > to call out, ie you can not spoof the CLI (or use one
    > from another account)?

    That's correct. The accounts behave as if they were all on totally
    separate ATA's, it's just that they can be made to ring the same phone
    socket as another account, also the account used to call out can be set by
    dialling rules. Not quite as sophisticated as a Sipura style dial plan,
    but useful enough.

    As I said, it's theoretically possible to forward calls from one line to
    dial out on another, but I believe it is somewhat problematic, I've never
    tried as I have no need for it.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Mar 30, 2007
  7. "Nigel" <> wrote in message
    > Another question- I use one provider to dial out but I use another

    provider
    > for incoming calls, with the Fritzbox is it possible so that when the

    other
    > party telephone rings it shows the incoming number not the number I am

    using
    > to dial out with.! I dial out with voipstunt but I use a sipgate number

    for
    > people to dial me.

    Yes and No
    Betamax clones ALL allow you to "spoof" the CLI
    However the number you want to use for CLI needs to be "controlled" by
    Betamax (verification)
    You van do this with the resp. betamax client (up to 5 numbers)
    And you can set-up in your FritzBox which number to use. The number to use
    MUST be one of the numbers you have registered via the software, otherwise
    no number will be presented.

    Mobile phones are verified via SMS: you need to enter the code (6
    characters) received by SMS.
    Landlines are verified by a call you receive: you just need to enter a code
    (4 numbers) on your phone.

    However (that's why I answered "Yes and No") not all Betamax clones allow
    you to register landlines.
    They ALL allow you to register mobile numbers, but only Voipcheap.com,
    Voipbuster, Justvoip allows you to verify landlines (you need the Software
    version 3.02, Build 424)
    I guess it's a matter of days before the other Betamax clones get upgraded
    to version 3.02, Build 424
    Once upgraded, you will be able to register your Sipgate number, as outguing
    CLI on your Voipstunt calls.

    Trust this helps
    Philippe

    Philippe Deleye, Mar 30, 2007
  8. Nigel

    Jono Guest

    After serious thinking Philippe Deleye wrote :
    > They ALL allow you to register mobile numbers, but only Voipcheap.com,
    > Voipbuster, Justvoip allows you to verify landlines (you need the Software
    > version 3.02, Build 424)

    Thank you for that, Phillippe.

    I have just had my 0870 number sucessfully verified. Very useful for
    when I call the bank or Sky.

    Jono, Mar 30, 2007
  9. Recently, Ivor Jones popped out over the fence
    around uk.telecom.voip and said...

    |"Rob" <> wrote in message
    |> "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    |> > When you call out, the number of the line you are
    |> > calling out on will be presented, unless of course you
    |> > withhold it.
    |>
    |> Which, if I understand you correctly means you can only
    |> present the number of the line (account) you actually use
    |> to call out, ie you can not spoof the CLI (or use one
    |> from another account)?
    |
    |That's correct. The accounts behave as if they were all on totally
    |separate ATA's, it's just that they can be made to ring the same phone
    |socket as another account, also the account used to call out can be set by
    |dialling rules. Not quite as sophisticated as a Sipura style dial plan,
    |but useful enough.
    |
    |As I said, it's theoretically possible to forward calls from one line to
    |dial out on another, but I believe it is somewhat problematic, I've never
    |tried as I have no need for it.
    |
    |Ivor

    I am actually using my FritzBox to call in Italy from my UK mobile
    phone when I'm not home.

    I call my VoIP "home" number from my mobile: the FritzBox is set to
    recognize my mobile number as the authorized call-through origin,
    greets me with a dual-tone confirmation tone and awaits for my input.

    Dialling "0" I am routed to the VoIP line of my choice (and in my case
    is my Italian VoIP account) and I get the "invite to dial" tone.

    All I have to do then is to dial an italian phone number (fixed or
    mobile) and I'm calling Italy from my mobile at an unbeatable price!

    My call from the mobile to home is in my inclusive minutes price plan,
    as is my call on the italian VoIP line.

    On top of that, if I simply want to speak with somebody at home,
    dialling "1" or "2" instead of "0" I can make a call to the FritzBox
    extension of my choice.

    Pretty impressive, uh? Oh, and works like a charm. Every time.

    --
    ßødincµs²°°° - The Y2K Druid
    ----------------------------

    ßødincµs²°°°, Mar 31, 2007
  10. "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > Thank you for that, Phillippe.
    >
    > I have just had my 0870 number sucessfully verified. Very useful for
    > when I call the bank or Sky.

    Hi, I'm not form the UK, that's maybe why I miss the point of the link
    between verifying your 0870 number and calling then bank or Sky ??

    Philippe Deleye, Mar 31, 2007
  11. Nigel

    Jono Guest

    Philippe Deleye formulated on Saturday :
    > "Jono" <> wrote in message
    >> Thank you for that, Phillippe.
    >>
    >> I have just had my 0870 number sucessfully verified. Very useful for
    >> when I call the bank or Sky.
    >>

    > Hi, I'm not form the UK, that's maybe why I miss the point of the link
    > between verifying your 0870 number and calling then bank or Sky ??

    Banks and the likes of Sky like to give their customers expensive
    numbers to call.

    Until the regulations change towards the end of the year, call to 0870
    numbers cost approximately 7ppm.

    I give non-geo using companies my own 0870 number to call me on. I
    dislike witholding my number and dislike even more, presenting my 01xx.
    number to the likes of Sky.

    Jono, Mar 31, 2007