    hompage.mac.com/dmjbrown

    thanks. Any comments appreciated.

    db
    Dave Brown, Jan 27, 2004

  2. Dave Brown

    CBM Guest

    Still doesn't work, hope you can operate the camera better.

    CBM, Jan 27, 2004

  3. Dave Brown

    Alan D-W Guest

    "Dave Brown" <> wrote in message
    > hompage.mac.com/dmjbrown
    >
    > thanks. Any comments appreciated.

    Try spelling homepage correctly and you might get some visitors.
    Alan D-W, Jan 27, 2004
  4. Dave Brown

    Dave Guest

    "Dave Brown" <> wrote in message
    > hompage.mac.com/dmjbrown
    >
    > thanks. Any comments appreciated.
    >
    > db

    Well, that's as clear as an exhibition of images taken by the St Vitus
    photographic society..........
    Dave, Jan 27, 2004
  5. Dave Brown

    Linda_N Guest

    "Dave Brown" <> wrote in message
    > homepage.mac.com/dmjbrown
    >
    > thanks. Any comments appreciated.
    >
    > db

    Thanks for posting the Minolta A1 examples, Dave. It is pretty hard to
    access the camera's ability over the photographer's ability when there are
    no details on settings listed. For instance some of the shots have problems
    with highlights and/or shadows (especially shadows) but that could be the
    camera or it could be inappropriate exposure for the scene.

    One thing that was certain though, you are having lots of fun with your A1
    and enjoying the output which is important for you as the camera owner. The
    shot with the snowfriend, and what I assume to be your son, is very nicely
    enhanced with the falling snow, some motion blurred flakes and some crisp
    giving the image a pro look. I too liked the snow covered tree shots that
    you called your favorites.

    PS: You think you have a lot of snow? Check out these pics on the
    Newfoundland (that's in Canada) government site showing the Trans Labrador
    Highway recently (it tooks weeks to clear it lol) (the pics are terrible
    unfortunately, probably someone who never took shots before is my guess.)
    http://www.edu.gov.nf.ca/snow/photo.htm

    I bet it is amazing in real, but I am glad I don't live there.

    Linda.
    Linda_N, Jan 28, 2004
  6. Dave Brown

    Dave Brown Guest

    Sorry about that, fat fingered that one, should preview before sending posts!

    Yes, yes I can operate the camera just fine. Thanks for the concern.

    The site is homepage.mac.com/dmjbrown

    Again, your comments are appreciated.

    db

    Dave Brown, Jan 28, 2004
  7. Dave Brown

    Dave Brown Guest

    Thanks Linda,

    That is incredible snow and no I really don't want to be living
    anywhere near that kinda snow. As for Exif info, if you want any for
    the shots I can share that with you on my FotoTime site. I use the
    ..mac for easy posting for family and friends, and the images do get
    downs sized by .mac..don't know what else they do to the shots.

    I am enjoying the A1 alot. I take it everywhere I go (I am in sales
    so I travel all over) and shoot whenever I can. I am still working on
    fine tuning my use of features, and since I shoot when I can I don't
    stage the shots (have to deal with lighting as is for example). On
    some of those shots in Florida I increased the in camera contrast
    (which the A1 supports) to get some more color out of these winter
    shots.

    Thanks for the comments.

    db

    Dave Brown, Jan 29, 2004
  8. Dave Brown

    Linda_N Guest

    "Dave Brown" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks Linda,
    >
    > That is incredible snow and no I really don't want to be living
    > anywhere near that kinda snow. As for Exif info, if you want any for
    > the shots I can share that with you on my FotoTime site. I use the
    > .mac for easy posting for family and friends, and the images do get
    > downs sized by .mac..don't know what else they do to the shots.

    Hi Dave,

    Okay had the chance to review a couple of sites now. If you could post a
    full sized (not compressed) of any of the shots you took at full zoom along
    with the exif info that would be great. One of the tree shots (with the
    snow) would also be helpful. I am really only interested in the far reaching
    zoom capability since I already have the Canon Powershot S30 which I will
    continue to use for everything else.

    There is no rush, just whenever you have time. I won't make any decisions
    before seeing everything offered up at PMA.

    Thanks again,

    Linda.
    Linda_N, Feb 2, 2004