    there himself. What is the significance there? Is he looking to kill Roy
    or has he himself been forced into exile there?

    Thanks.

    Winston Corcoran, Apr 23, 2004

  2. Winston Corcoran

    CNDA Guest

    "Winston Corcoran" <> wrote in message
    news:5j0ic.2849176$...
    > IMDB lists the AR as 1.66:1 but the DVD release is full screen

    (1.33:1).
    > There are some saying that it was only ever released with a full

    screen AR.
    > Can someone confirm or deny that ?

    AFAIK, this movie has been released on a full screen DVD only.

    > Also, a question about the movie itself:

    > Can someone explain the last scene? It's where the guy who helped Roy
    > Scheider's character get to the little Latin American shanty town

    shows up
    > there himself. What is the significance there? Is he looking to kill

    Roy
    > or has he himself been forced into exile there.

    Just think, the guy that helped him get to that country is also probably
    the only one that knows where he is. He is now there in order to carry
    out a contract. Kind of merciful mission if you take a look the girl Roy
    is dancing with.

    A great flick.

    César.

    CNDA, Apr 26, 2004

  3. Winston Corcoran

    Guest

    This has been a very informative thread. We were in the process of
    trying to find if Sorcerer was available in widescreen, because we want
    to screen cap it to death but we didn't want to bother now if a
    widescreen version is coming out, which it looks like may not be the
    case anytime soon. We have a few caps so far but not many:

    http://www.swervedrivers.com/movies/sorcerer/

    More later hopefully. Great flick.

    Jackie & Jake

    CNDA wrote:
    > "Winston Corcoran" <> wrote in message
    > > IMDB lists the AR as 1.66:1 but the DVD release is full screen

    > (1.33:1).
    > > There are some saying that it was only ever released with a full

    > screen AR.
    > > Can someone confirm or deny that ?
    > >

    > AFAIK, this movie has been released on a full screen DVD only.
    >
    > > Also, a question about the movie itself:

    > > Can someone explain the last scene? It's where the guy who helped

    Roy
    > > Scheider's character get to the little Latin American shanty town

    > shows up
    > > there himself. What is the significance there? Is he looking to

    kill
    > Roy
    > > or has he himself been forced into exile there.

    > Just think, the guy that helped him get to that country is also

    probably
    > the only one that knows where he is. He is now there in order to

    carry
    > out a contract. Kind of merciful mission if you take a look the girl

    Roy
    > is dancing with.
    >
    > A great flick.
    >
    > César.

    , Nov 15, 2004
  4. Winston Corcoran

    CNDA wrote:
    > "Winston Corcoran" <> wrote in message
    > > IMDB lists the AR as 1.66:1 but the DVD release is full screen

    > (1.33:1).
    > > There are some saying that it was only ever released with a full

    > screen AR.
    > > Can someone confirm or deny that ?
    > >

    > AFAIK, this movie has been released on a full screen DVD only.
    >
    > > Also, a question about the movie itself:

    > > Can someone explain the last scene? It's where the guy who helped

    Roy
    > > Scheider's character get to the little Latin American shanty town

    > shows up
    > > there himself. What is the significance there? Is he looking to

    kill
    > Roy
    > > or has he himself been forced into exile there.

    > Just think, the guy that helped him get to that country is also

    probably
    > the only one that knows where he is. He is now there in order to

    carry
    > out a contract. Kind of merciful mission if you take a look the girl

    Roy
    > is dancing with.
    >
    > A great flick.
    >
    > César.

    , Nov 15, 2004
  5. Winston Corcoran

    Guest

    Okay, (A) we didn't realize you're not supposed to put URLs here, and
    (B) we did not mean to post that message twice. Sorry. :eek:)

    Jackie

    P.S. Are we really NOT supposed to put URLs here? The wording in the
    FAQs wasn't exactly clear to us. It said only that we could be reported
    to our ISP.

    , Nov 15, 2004
  6. Winston Corcoran

    Mike Kohary Guest

    wrote:
    > Okay, (A) we didn't realize you're not supposed to put URLs here, and
    > (B) we did not mean to post that message twice. Sorry. :eek:)
    >
    > Jackie
    >
    > P.S. Are we really NOT supposed to put URLs here? The wording in the
    > FAQs wasn't exactly clear to us. It said only that we could be
    > reported to our ISP.

    Of course you can post URLs here. Don't pay any attention to that thing you
    read - it's not the FAQ. It's just some weirdo on a crusade - ignore him.
    The real FAQ is at:

    http://www.dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html

    Mike Kohary, Nov 15, 2004
  7. Winston Corcoran

    Richard C. Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Okay, (A) we didn't realize you're not supposed to put URLs here, and
    > (B) we did not mean to post that message twice. Sorry. :eek:)
    >
    > Jackie
    >
    > P.S. Are we really NOT supposed to put URLs here? The wording in the
    > FAQs wasn't exactly clear to us. It said only that we could be reported
    > to our ISP.

    Of COURSE you are allowed to put URLs in your post!
    that is preferred to putting binaries.

    Richard C., Nov 16, 2004