    anonymous Guest

    With Season 4 coming out on DVD soon (10/28/03)...when is HBO going to
    announce the start of Season 5 episodes?

    anonymous, Sep 22, 2003

  2. On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 02:38:52 GMT, anonymous <> wrote:

    >With Season 4 coming out on DVD soon (10/28/03)...when is HBO going to
    >announce the start of Season 5 episodes?

    I think its going to be March 2004.

    Hitman of Las Vegas, Sep 22, 2003

  3. anonymous

    jayembee Guest

    anonymous <> wrote:

    >With Season 4 coming out on DVD soon (10/28/03)...when is HBO going to
    >announce the start of Season 5 episodes?

    I would guess after the episodes are in the can, and HBO is ready to
    schedule them. Unlike most networks and series, I believe that HBO
    wants all of the episodes of a given season to be complete before they
    schedule it, to ensure that they can air them in a single block.

    The latest word is that S5 is most likely going to air starting next
    March.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Sep 22, 2003
  4. anonymous

    Dunf Guest

    "anonymous" <> wrote in message
    > With Season 4 coming out on DVD soon (10/28/03)...when is HBO going to
    > announce the start of Season 5 episodes?

    The producers of the Sopranos are well known for keeping us hard core fans
    waiting as long as 14 months between new episodes. Isn't that nice of them.
    By now, the kids are 30 years old and married. In the next season we find
    out that AJ is gay, Meadow has eloped, Carmella is doing Furio while on
    vacation in Italy, there is a hit contract put on Uncle Junior by none other
    than Johnny Sack, Paulie ends up with a scathing STD to worry about,
    Christopher ends up without Ariana, and, last but not least, Tony S becomes
    a drunk and accidentally runs over a child on a bycicle. Art immitates life
    in that story line. Hey, Mr. Chase, go ahead and use these ideas since I
    gave you some that were used for season III.

    Dunf, Sep 27, 2003
  5. anonymous

    mapi Guest

    "Dunf" <> babbled and
    gurglednews:%7hdb.100808$:

    > "anonymous" <> wrote in message
    >> With Season 4 coming out on DVD soon (10/28/03)...when is HBO going to
    >> announce the start of Season 5 episodes?

    > The producers of the Sopranos are well known for keeping us hard core
    > fans waiting as long as 14 months between new episodes. Isn't that nice
    > of them. By now, the kids are 30 years old and married. In the next
    > season we find out that AJ is gay, Meadow has eloped, Carmella is doing
    > Furio while on vacation in Italy, there is a hit contract put on Uncle
    > Junior by none other than Johnny Sack, Paulie ends up with a scathing
    > STD to worry about, Christopher ends up without Ariana, and, last but
    > not least, Tony S becomes a drunk and accidentally runs over a child on
    > a bycicle. Art immitates life in that story line. Hey, Mr. Chase, go
    > ahead and use these ideas since I gave you some that were used for
    > season III.

    Sopanos? Who are they?

    I have a vague recolection of some TV show...was it on Showtime?

    Oh well, I seem to remember the last season sucked except for the head
    removal stunt, but it was more of the same boring pc shit on and on and on.

    "I could have been ah contendah!" I seem to hear in my head with Marlon
    Brando yelling...and somehow it seques into an HBO logo and that opening
    song....oh well.

    I've lost interest.

    I'll wait till someone posts them to watch them...**** signing up for HBO
    just to see that....Wimbleton is just not worth getting HBO for...

    -- mapi
    Explanation of a Free Country:

    Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet
    to decide who is for dinner.
    Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.

    mapi, Feb 23, 2004
  6. anonymous

    Ray Guest

    what pissed me off the most about that damn series is the 7296 different
    story lines they left open and the friggin producers and writers hardly ever
    even finished one before moving on to the next....

    Ray, Feb 24, 2004
  7. anonymous

    Tad Bitt Guest

    "Ray" <> wrote in message
    > what pissed me off the most about that damn series is the 7296 different
    > story lines they left open and the friggin producers and writers hardly

    ever
    > even finished one before moving on to the next....
    >

    > "mapi" <> wrote in message
    > > "Dunf" <> babbled and

    gurglednews:%7hdb.100808$:

    > > > "anonymous" <> wrote in message

    > > > The producers of the Sopranos are well known for keeping us hard core
    > > > fans waiting as long as 14 months between new episodes. Isn't that

    nice
    > > > of them. By now, the kids are 30 years old and married. In the next
    > > > season we find out that AJ is gay, Meadow has eloped, Carmella is

    doing
    > > > Furio while on vacation in Italy, there is a hit contract put on Uncle
    > > > Junior by none other than Johnny Sack, Paulie ends up with a scathing
    > > > STD to worry about, Christopher ends up without Ariana, and, last but
    > > > not least, Tony S becomes a drunk and accidentally runs over a child

    on
    > > > a bycicle. Art immitates life in that story line. Hey, Mr. Chase, go
    > > > ahead and use these ideas since I gave you some that were used for
    > > > season III.
    > > >

    > > Sopanos? Who are they?
    > >
    > > I have a vague recolection of some TV show...was it on Showtime?
    > >
    > > Oh well, I seem to remember the last season sucked except for the head
    > > removal stunt, but it was more of the same boring pc shit on and on and

    > on.
    > >
    > > "I could have been ah contendah!" I seem to hear in my head with Marlon
    > > Brando yelling...and somehow it seques into an HBO logo and that opening
    > > song....oh well.
    > >
    > > I've lost interest.
    > >
    > > I'll wait till someone posts them to watch them...**** signing up for

    HBO
    > > just to see that....Wimbleton is just not worth getting HBO for...
    > >

    > > -- mapi
    > > Explanation of a Free Country:
    > >
    > > Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet
    > > to decide who is for dinner.
    > > Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.

    David Chase and company are known for taking lots of time to get to the next
    season. It will be 16 months between the start of season 4 and the beginning
    of 5. The average "season" is 13 eps or 13 weeks or 3 months of shows. Why
    do they have to milk prev seasons first by selling us the dvd set before the
    next season airs? Will Pauli join Johnny Sacrimano? Will Carmela start
    seeing someone else soon? What about her and Furio? Will Tony go lookin' for
    Furio? Will chritopher stay off the crank? Does Chris have to kill his own
    girlfriend? Will he have sex with the corpse? oh, that's another show.

    Tad Bitt, Feb 25, 2004