    sending the message to kids that such a life is "cool".

    As I recall, the show was cancelled once then brought back. Let us
    hope and pray that this time it stays dead.

    John Smith, Mar 6, 2008

  2. John Smith wrote:

    > Even if the show was fictional in every way, the producers, as well as
    > the networks have been sending the wrong message with the show. In my
    > opinion that message is "glorifying the life of a gangster" and
    > sending the message to kids that such a life is "cool".
    >
    > As I recall, the show was cancelled once then brought back. Let us
    > hope and pray that this time it stays dead.

    Wasn't the final final episode last year?

    Is there a time warp going on, here?

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 6, 2008

  3. John Smith

    Mikey Guest

    John Smith wrote:
    > Even if the show was fictional in every way, the producers, as well as
    > the networks have been sending the wrong message with the show. In my
    > opinion that message is "glorifying the life of a gangster" and
    > sending the message to kids that such a life is "cool".
    >
    > As I recall, the show was cancelled once then brought back. Let us
    > hope and pray that this time it stays dead.

    Erm its finished.... and gangsters were being glorified long before the
    sopranos come along.... and on the scale of it some of the gangster
    films & programmes I've seen make the sopranos look like the osmond's .
    Better dust that placard off you've got some protesting to do....

    Mikey, Mar 6, 2008
  4. John Smith

    Tony Pacc Guest

    forgtaboutit

    Tony Pacc, Mar 6, 2008
  5. John Smith

    Lookout Guest

    On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 23:35:07 -0500, John Smith <> wrote:

    >Even if the show was fictional in every way, the producers, as well as
    >the networks have been sending the wrong message with the show. In my
    >opinion that message is "glorifying the life of a gangster" and
    >sending the message to kids that such a life is "cool".
    >
    >As I recall, the show was cancelled once then brought back. Let us
    >hope and pray that this time it stays dead.

    It was a night time soap opera as bad as Dallas and Dynasty.
    Admit it...you were watching it wearing your mother's nightie while
    you ironed.

    Lookout, Mar 6, 2008