    Any idea of a replacement app for uploading files to her sony mp3?

    cheers
    john
    John in Wembley, Mar 4, 2009

  2. In message <ff607998-e898-4609-
    >, John in Wembley wrote:

    > Any idea of a replacement app for uploading files to her sony mp3?

    Doesn't it just appear to your PC as a storage device onto which you can
    copy files?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 6, 2009

  3. John in Wembley

    SlowLearner Guest

    On Mar 6, 10:07 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
    central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
    > In message <ff607998-e898-4609-
    > >, John in Wembley wrote:
    >
    > > Any idea of a replacement app for uploading files to her sony mp3?

    > Doesn't it just appear to your PC as a storage device onto which you can
    > copy files?

    A lot of mp3 players now use the annoying MTP protocol to transfer
    music. They are not designed to be accessed as a usb drive. I guess
    using the protocol means they don't have to worry as much about things
    like id'ing which files are music, reading the mp3 data on the fly
    etc. You have to go out of your way now to find one that loads as a
    simple mass storage device.

    I would suggest to the original poster that they try windows media
    player. There may be better windows mtp apps out there but at least
    WMP will get you up and running until you find something better.
    SlowLearner, Mar 7, 2009
  4. John in Wembley

    oneofus Guest

    John in Wembley wrote:
    > Hi guys
    > Downloaded SonicStage for my wifes MP3 but wont run as cant find
    > database, their store is closed.
    > Any idea of a replacement app for uploading files to her sony mp3?
    >
    > cheers
    > john

    Check out MediaMonkey

    http://www.mediamonkey.com/
    oneofus, Mar 7, 2009
  5. In message <4529d73b-4716-4da2-ad9a-
    >, SlowLearner wrote:

    > On Mar 6, 10:07 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
    > central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
    >> In message <ff607998-e898-4609-
    >> >, John in Wembley wrote:
    >>
    >> > Any idea of a replacement app for uploading files to her sony mp3?

    >> Doesn't it just appear to your PC as a storage device onto which you can
    >> copy files?

    > A lot of mp3 players now use the annoying MTP protocol to transfer
    > music.

    May be worth looking at Songbird, then
    <http://blog.songbirdnest.com/2008/02/29/mtp-device-support-for-windows/>.
    It's open-source.