    Richard Guest

    So this thing is capable of storing the same amount of data as
    a dual-layer DVD? What kind of media does it use?
    Richard, Jul 29, 2004

  2. Richard

    Bill Guest

    "Richard" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > So this thing is capable of storing the same amount of data as
    > a dual-layer DVD? What kind of media does it use?

    To store that much data, you have to use the Sony with a recordable
    dual-layered disc. Sony actually introduced the drive before the blank media
    was available to take advantage of that option, I believe.

    It can use standard 4.7 gig discs as well.
    Bill, Jul 29, 2004

  3. Richard

    Impmon Guest

    On 28 Jul 2004 16:38:06 -0700, (Richard) wrote:

    >So this thing is capable of storing the same amount of data as
    >a dual-layer DVD? What kind of media does it use?

    Not quite. It's still new and emerging so anything can change before
    other DVD burner comes out. From what I heard, it burns up to 8.5GB
    --
    To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net
    Impmon, Jul 29, 2004
  4. Richard

    Tarkus Guest

    On 7/28/2004 4:38:06 PM, Richard wrote:

    > So this thing is capable of storing the same amount of data as
    > a dual-layer DVD? What kind of media does it use?

    Um, dual-layer media?
    --
    "Good...bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

    Now playing: "Various - 09 RICKY MEDLOCKE - Texas Flo"
    Tarkus, Jul 29, 2004
  5. Richard

    Biz Guest

    "Richard" <> wrote in message
    > So this thing is capable of storing the same amount of data as
    > a dual-layer DVD? What kind of media does it use?

    Dual layer media to be used in a dual layer burner. Who'd a thunk it?
    Biz, Jul 29, 2004