Sony's 20 offending cd's identfied so far

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ellis_jay, Nov 12, 2005.

  1. ellis_jay

    ellis_jay Guest

    Lots of links here:
    http://blogs.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/

    The 20 offending cd's so far:
    http://slashdot.org/~xtracto/journal/121088

    http://sstern.ccim.com/2005/11/11/homeland-security-and-sony-rootkit/

    just click on the Washington post link to read it

    --

    Their ethics are a short summary of police ordinances: for them the most
    important thing is to be a useful member of the state, and to air their

    Ellis_jay
    ellis_jay, Nov 12, 2005

  2. ellis_jay

    Sarah Guest

    "ellis_jay" <> wrote in message
    > Lots of links here:
    > http://blogs.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/
    >
    > The 20 offending cd's so far:
    > http://slashdot.org/~xtracto/journal/121088
    >

    > http://sstern.ccim.com/2005/11/11/homeland-security-and-sony-rootkit/
    >
    > just click on the Washington post link to read it
    >

    > --
    >
    > Their ethics are a short summary of police ordinances: for them the most
    > important thing is to be a useful member of the state, and to air their
    > opinions in the club of an evening; they have never felt the homesickness
    > for something unknown and far away, nor the depths which consists in being
    > nothing at all.
    > ___________Soren Kierkegaard
    >
    > Ellis_jay

    Does Zone Alarm & other firewalls stop the Rootkit's communication with
    Sony?
    Sarah, Nov 13, 2005

  3. ellis_jay

    zxcvbob Guest

    ellis_jay wrote:
    > Lots of links here: http://blogs.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/
    >
    > The 20 offending cd's so far:
    > http://slashdot.org/~xtracto/journal/121088
    >

    > http://sstern.ccim.com/2005/11/11/homeland-security-and-sony-rootkit/
    >

    > just click on the Washington post link to read it

    Here's another one:
    http://dewinter.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=215

    Looks like perhaps Sony used pirated code in their DRM software (they
    violated *all* of the terms of an open source license.)

    Best regards,
    Bob
    zxcvbob, Nov 13, 2005