    the housing)

    Thanks,

    - Siddhartha

    Siddhartha Jain, Oct 28, 2005

  2. Siddhartha Jain

    Kinon O'cann Guest

    "Siddhartha Jain" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I bought the Sony MPK-WA underwater housing for my Sony W7 since I am
    > expecting to head for some snorkelling and diving. Soon, I came across
    > the Sony filter kit (VF-MPK5) for the underwater housing thats priced
    > at $80!! The effect of the filter seems to be pretty good on the
    > underwater photos but I don't want to spend $80 on something that I
    > will VERY rarely use. Plus, the guilt factor of already having spent
    > half the camera's worth on the housing deters me from buying the Sony
    > filter set.
    >
    > So is there any other option? Maybe cheaper filters or some
    > post-processing that can achieve the same effect as a filter or
    > something close?
    >
    > Also, has someone here used the Sony W7 for underwater shooting? Any
    > photos that I can see? (Although I should've done this before I bought
    > the housing)

    What, exactly doe the filter do? With auto white balance, I'm not sure if I
    see a need for a filter.

    Kinon O'cann, Oct 28, 2005

  3. Kinon O'cann wrote:
    > "Siddhartha Jain" <> wrote in message
    > >I bought the Sony MPK-WA underwater housing for my Sony W7 since I am
    > > expecting to head for some snorkelling and diving. Soon, I came across
    > > the Sony filter kit (VF-MPK5) for the underwater housing thats priced
    > > at $80!! The effect of the filter seems to be pretty good on the
    > > underwater photos but I don't want to spend $80 on something that I
    > > will VERY rarely use. Plus, the guilt factor of already having spent
    > > half the camera's worth on the housing deters me from buying the Sony
    > > filter set.
    > >
    > > So is there any other option? Maybe cheaper filters or some
    > > post-processing that can achieve the same effect as a filter or
    > > something close?
    > >
    > > Also, has someone here used the Sony W7 for underwater shooting? Any
    > > photos that I can see? (Although I should've done this before I bought
    > > the housing)

    > What, exactly doe the filter do? With auto white balance, I'm not sure if I
    > see a need for a filter.
    >

    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > - Siddhartha

    On white-balance:
    http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/uwphoto/index-e.html

    On filters:
    http://wetpixel.com/i.php/full/filters-and-ambient-light-photography/

    - Siddhartha

    Siddhartha Jain, Oct 29, 2005
  4. Siddhartha Jain

    >> What, exactly doe the filter do? With auto white balance, I'm not sure if
    >> see a need for a filter.
    >>

    >> > Thanks,
    >> >
    >> > - Siddhartha
    >> >

    > On white-balance:
    > http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/uwphoto/index-e.html
    >
    > On filters:
    > http://wetpixel.com/i.php/full/filters-and-ambient-light-photography/
    >
    > - Siddhartha

    Good info...

    It does look like the best combo is the filter and manual white balance.
    Live and learn...

    Kinon O'cann, Oct 29, 2005