Sony VaioCD/DVD drive doesn't write to DVD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by giobc, Dec 14, 2008.

  1. giobc

    giobc

    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Hello out there. I have a Sony Vaio (System Model VGN-AR320E) I purchased last year and I'm having problems trying to write to a DVD. The brand I am using is TDK DVD+R 1-16x 4.7 GB.

    It will burn music CDs, but even that get finicky sometimes (maybe bad discs?). In fact, last semester it wouldn't read a CD for a class I was taking.

    Operating System Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
    System Type 32-bit Operating System X86-based PC
    Processor--Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T5500 @ 1.66GHz, 1667 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    Version x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6
    Data Width 64bits
    L2 Cache Size 2,048Kb
    BIOS Version Phoenix NoteBIOS 4.0 Release 6.1
    SMBIOS Version 2.40
    Memory Chip SODIMM1
    Capacity 1,024Mb
    CD Drive MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-850S ATA Device
    Media Type DVD Writer
    Version 1.60
    Total Virtual Memory 4.22 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 2.86 GB
    C Drive Memory 142 GB used 99.9 GB 42.7 GB
    RAM 2.00 GB 2046 MB
    Modems HDAUDIO SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP
    DVD/CD—ROM drives MASHITA DVD-RAM UJ-850S ATA Device
    Driver Version 6.0.6001.18000

    Can anyone help me?
    giobc, Dec 14, 2008

  2. giobc

    kunalashar

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    I have precisely the same problem (and on a machine with a nearly identical configuration). Did you receive a reply or find a solution?
    kunalashar, Dec 16, 2008