    I would like to purchase a DV editing cpapble system that will not
    break the bank. Recomndations of build it yourself components?

    thanks

    jojo, Jun 7, 2006

  2. On 7 Jun 2006 14:48:49 -0700, "jojo" <> wrote:

    |Does sony VAIO desktop systems allow other brand compnents to be
    |installed. In other words do you need to get their proprietary RAM,
    |DVDRW , sony exclusive perepherals?

    No
    --
    -John

    Artificial Intelligence stands no chance
    against Natural Stupidity.

    dead_man_walking, Jun 8, 2006

  3. jojo

    Plato Guest

    jojo wrote:

    > Does sony VAIO desktop systems allow other brand compnents to be
    > installed. In other words do you need to get their proprietary RAM,

    vaios are one one of the most proprietary pcs around.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jun 10, 2006
  4. On 10 Jun 2006 00:18:04 -0500, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:

    |jojo wrote:
    |>
    |> Does sony VAIO desktop systems allow other brand compnents to be
    |> installed. In other words do you need to get their proprietary RAM,
    |
    |vaios are one one of the most proprietary pcs around.

    While the statement you have made is true, the answer is they do not
    use proprietary RAM, or DVDRW.
    --
    -John

    Artificial Intelligence stands no chance
    against Natural Stupidity.

    Lynx users are like the Amish of the Internet.

    dead_man_walking, Jun 10, 2006
  5. jojo

    Toby Guest

    "jojo" <> wrote in message
    > Does sony VAIO desktop systems allow other brand compnents to be
    > installed. In other words do you need to get their proprietary RAM,
    > DVDRW , sony exclusive perepherals?
    >
    > I would like to purchase a DV editing cpapble system that will not
    > break the bank. Recomndations of build it yourself components?

    Check the specs of the editing program that you wish to use and go put
    something together out of parts that meet the specs, or buy a system that is
    put together out of non-proprietary parts. If you want to go with a
    pre-build name-brand system Dells seem to generally be pretty good. Check
    also what systems are supported by the edit software manufacturer.

    Your main needs for editing software will tend to be a fast CPU, a 7200rpm
    HDD, enough RAM and a decent (but not necessarily top-end) graphics card.
    I'm running Avid Express Pro HD 5 on an Athlon 64 3400+ with a cheapie
    graphics card and 1 GB of RAM and it runs just fine for DV. Be aware that
    the requirements for HDV are way different than for DV. I believe that DV is
    fine on a 1.4 GHz P4, whereas HDV requires dual 2.8 GHz Xeons...

    Toby

    Toby, Jun 24, 2006