    Can anyone help with how to go about reseting the CMOS to bypass a password
    entry on a SONY VAIO NOTEBOOK, Model Number: PCG 885L . Already tried
    pulling the battery on the board, did not work.
    john, Apr 24, 2004

  2. john

    N1POP Guest

    "john" <> wrote in
    news:FLuic.63269$:

    > ... SONY VAIO NOTEBOOK, Model Number: PCG 885L .
    > Already tried pulling the battery on the board, did not work.

    How long was the battery out, and which battery did you pull? If you
    aren't aware, CMOS RAM is kept alive by a separate litium battery. The
    CMOS battery in most computers needs to be out for several minutes to allow
    the keep-alive circuitry to completely discharge.
    N1POP, Apr 24, 2004

  3. john

    karen Guest

    Try this forum also: http://b30.ezboard.com/bunofficialsony
    karen, Apr 27, 2004
  4. john

    happymark

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    how to remove/clear bios password

    A. By Using the Motherboard Jumper:

    In most motherboards CMOS battery is soldered, which makes it difficult to remove the battery. In this case we use another method.

    Almost all motherboards contain a jumper that can clear all CMOS settings along with the BIOS password. The location of this jumper varies depending upon the motherboard brand. You should read your motherboard manual to check its location. If you don't have the manual then look for the jumpers near the CMOS battery. Most of the manufacturer label the jumper as CLR, CLEAR, CLEAR CMOS, etc.

    When you find the jumper, look carefully. There will be 3 pins and the jumper will be joining the center pin to either left or right pin. What you need to do, is remove the jumper and join the center pin to the opposite pin. e.g. if the jumper joins center pin to left pin, then remove it and join center pin to right pin. Now wait for a few seconds and then again remove the jumper and join the center pin to left pin.

    Make sure to turn the PC off before opening the cabinet and resetting the jumper.

    B. By Using Software:

    I have found that BIOS/CMOS Password Recovery Tool is the most effective.:
    BIOS/CMOS Password Recovery Tool is a program that works instantly to remove any lost or forgotten BIOS/CMOS password. Simply boot your PC to DOS and execute the program, and get access to forgotten BIOS/CMOS passwords in just seconds

    BIOS/CMOS Password Recovery Tool Service: biospasswordrecovery. com/
    happymark, Oct 19, 2009