    realize it's only 2.1M, but that's enough for my needs and can still print
    4x6.

    Mike
    Michael Chiu, Aug 19, 2003

  2. Michael Chiu

    Mikey Guest

    (Michael Chiu) wrote in message news:<mchiu0324-1908030219290001@192.168.2.37>...
    > Are the differences be/w these two substantial? I'm looking for a very
    > small camera to use when I don't feel like bringing the Oly C4000. I
    > realize it's only 2.1M, but that's enough for my needs and can still print
    > 4x6.

    I think that the only changes are that the U30 comes in different
    colors than the U20 and adds a small mirror on the front for
    decoration and so that you can check yourself out before getting your
    picture taken. Strange, I know.

    Another poster said that the C4000 was small, but the U20/U30 is very
    very small and light in comparison. I find that I use my U10 more
    than I ever used by Oly, I carry my U10 in my briefbag all the time, I
    will stick in my jeans pocket when I go on trips, etc. Small size has
    its advantages. But I never print my images and just save stuff on
    computer for viewing and email, so I don't care as much for quality,
    8x10 reprints, etc.

    - M
    Mikey, Aug 20, 2003

  3. Michael Chiu

    wire 54 Guest

    Mikey is correct in that specs are identical. The only other change other
    than the mirror
    on the front is that the U30 accepts the Memory Stick Pro whereas the U20
    doesn't.
    If you only want this as a 2nd camera, I would look for a reduced U20 and
    buy a
    128mb memory stick which will do the job fine.

    Peter

    wire 54, Aug 20, 2003