    --
    Best regards,
    Chris.

    Chris Wilson, Dec 14, 2003

  2. Chris Wilson

    Seymore Guest

    I think you can use the Pro stick in the 717, but you may want to ask this question @ www.SonyCams.com where the 717's are strong.
    What they are refering to are 256M stick that are 128x2. There is a small switch that controls when side, A or B, you're recording
    to.

    Seymore...
    Owner of an S85... and luvin' it!

    Seymore, Dec 15, 2003

  3. Chris Wilson <> wrote in

    > I want to buy a bigger memory card for my Sony DSC-F717 to replace the
    > stock 32 meg stick. I see double sticks on sale with 128 meg capacity,
    > but the Sony handbook suggests I need some sort of adaptor to use a
    > "double" stick. Do these actually come with double sided sticks, or do I
    > need to buy them separately? Thanks.

    Don't get the 256MB Memory Stick; get a 256MB (or bigger) Memory Stick Pro
    for your 717, since it supports the Pro sticks.

    The 256MB Memory Stick (non-Pro) is a kludge; it is actually two 128MB
    banks selectable via a small switch. Unless your camera doesn't support
    the Pro (like my 707, for example) there's not reason to use this product.

    --
    Albert Nurick www.TheDeliciousLife.com
    A guide to the good life

    Albert Nurick, Dec 15, 2003
  4. Chris Wilson

    someone Guest

    On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 02:12:44 GMT, Albert Nurick <> posted:

    >Chris Wilson <> wrote in
    >
    >> I want to buy a bigger memory card for my Sony DSC-F717 to replace the
    >> stock 32 meg stick. I see double sticks on sale with 128 meg capacity,
    >> but the Sony handbook suggests I need some sort of adaptor to use a
    >> "double" stick. Do these actually come with double sided sticks, or do I
    >> need to buy them separately? Thanks.

    >Don't get the 256MB Memory Stick; get a 256MB (or bigger) Memory Stick Pro
    >for your 717, since it supports the Pro sticks.
    >
    >The 256MB Memory Stick (non-Pro) is a kludge; it is actually two 128MB
    >banks selectable via a small switch. Unless your camera doesn't support
    >the Pro (like my 707, for example) there's not reason to use this product.

    agreed. when I was hunting for my 256MB, a lot of shops tried to unload the
    256MB MS on me. stick with the MSPRO, less hassle.

    someone, Dec 18, 2003