SONY RX-100

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by x, Jul 10, 2012.

  1. x

    x Guest

    I am going to buy it because it is sooooooooooooooo much better than the
    Canon G1X. Those mutherfukers at Nikon are developing an APS-C sensor
    camera to compete but when the **** is it going to be released, yo?
     
    x, Jul 10, 2012
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. x

    RichA Guest

    On Jul 9, 7:10 pm, x <> wrote:
    > I am going to buy it because it is sooooooooooooooo much better than the
    > Canon G1X. Those mutherfukers at Nikon are developing an APS-C sensor
    > camera to compete but when the **** is it going to be released, yo?


    P&S. Fixed lens. Hobbled, Crippled. Pointless. For the lazy.
     
    RichA, Jul 10, 2012
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. x

    tony cooper Guest

    On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 05:44:51 -0700 (PDT), RichA <>
    wrote:

    >On Jul 9, 7:10 pm, x <> wrote:
    >> I am going to buy it because it is sooooooooooooooo much better than the
    >> Canon G1X. Those mutherfukers at Nikon are developing an APS-C sensor
    >> camera to compete but when the **** is it going to be released, yo?

    >
    >P&S. Fixed lens. Hobbled, Crippled. Pointless. For the lazy.


    Or, for the opportunist. I have a P&S that I purchased as a "car
    camera" to have with me at all times. It's kept in the glove box
    where I can reach it whenever I spot something. It's good for those
    grabs that won't still be there by the time I get my Nikon SLR out.

    Given enough time, I'd prefer to shoot with the Nikon, but a P&S can
    be handy.


    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
     
    tony cooper, Jul 10, 2012
    #3
  4. x

    PeterN Guest

    On 7/10/2012 10:55 AM, tony cooper wrote:
    > On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 05:44:51 -0700 (PDT), RichA <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On Jul 9, 7:10 pm, x <> wrote:
    >>> I am going to buy it because it is sooooooooooooooo much better than the
    >>> Canon G1X. Those mutherfukers at Nikon are developing an APS-C sensor
    >>> camera to compete but when the **** is it going to be released, yo?

    >>
    >> P&S. Fixed lens. Hobbled, Crippled. Pointless. For the lazy.

    >
    > Or, for the opportunist. I have a P&S that I purchased as a "car
    > camera" to have with me at all times. It's kept in the glove box
    > where I can reach it whenever I spot something. It's good for those
    > grabs that won't still be there by the time I get my Nikon SLR out.
    >
    > Given enough time, I'd prefer to shoot with the Nikon, but a P&S can
    > be handy.
    >
    >
    >

    I was going to do that. Even got a cheap P&S for beach shooting.
    Now I use the iPhone, instead and the P&S sits unused.

    --
    Peter
     
    PeterN, Jul 11, 2012
    #4
  5. x

    tony cooper Guest

    On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 20:03:54 -0400, PeterN
    <> wrote:

    >On 7/10/2012 10:55 AM, tony cooper wrote:
    >> On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 05:44:51 -0700 (PDT), RichA <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Jul 9, 7:10 pm, x <> wrote:
    >>>> I am going to buy it because it is sooooooooooooooo much better than the
    >>>> Canon G1X. Those mutherfukers at Nikon are developing an APS-C sensor
    >>>> camera to compete but when the **** is it going to be released, yo?
    >>>
    >>> P&S. Fixed lens. Hobbled, Crippled. Pointless. For the lazy.

    >>
    >> Or, for the opportunist. I have a P&S that I purchased as a "car
    >> camera" to have with me at all times. It's kept in the glove box
    >> where I can reach it whenever I spot something. It's good for those
    >> grabs that won't still be there by the time I get my Nikon SLR out.
    >>
    >> Given enough time, I'd prefer to shoot with the Nikon, but a P&S can
    >> be handy.
    >>
    >>
    >>

    >I was going to do that. Even got a cheap P&S for beach shooting.
    >Now I use the iPhone, instead and the P&S sits unused.


    My phone (a cheapie) doesn't take good pix.
    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
     
    tony cooper, Jul 11, 2012
    #5
  6. x

    PeterN Guest

    On 7/10/2012 8:42 PM, tony cooper wrote:
    > On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 20:03:54 -0400, PeterN
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 7/10/2012 10:55 AM, tony cooper wrote:
    >>> On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 05:44:51 -0700 (PDT), RichA <>
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> On Jul 9, 7:10 pm, x <> wrote:
    >>>>> I am going to buy it because it is sooooooooooooooo much better than the
    >>>>> Canon G1X. Those mutherfukers at Nikon are developing an APS-C sensor
    >>>>> camera to compete but when the **** is it going to be released, yo?
    >>>>
    >>>> P&S. Fixed lens. Hobbled, Crippled. Pointless. For the lazy.
    >>>
    >>> Or, for the opportunist. I have a P&S that I purchased as a "car
    >>> camera" to have with me at all times. It's kept in the glove box
    >>> where I can reach it whenever I spot something. It's good for those
    >>> grabs that won't still be there by the time I get my Nikon SLR out.
    >>>
    >>> Given enough time, I'd prefer to shoot with the Nikon, but a P&S can
    >>> be handy.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>

    >> I was going to do that. Even got a cheap P&S for beach shooting.
    >> Now I use the iPhone, instead and the P&S sits unused.

    >
    > My phone (a cheapie) doesn't take good pix.
    >


    I maintain that Tony Cooper takes good pix. Recently one of our club
    members entered an iPhone image in competition. It scored an 8, with 9
    being the best possible score.

    --
    Peter
     
    PeterN, Jul 11, 2012
    #6
  7. x

    tony cooper Guest

    On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 20:53:16 -0400, PeterN
    <> wrote:

    >On 7/10/2012 8:42 PM, tony cooper wrote:
    >> On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 20:03:54 -0400, PeterN
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 7/10/2012 10:55 AM, tony cooper wrote:
    >>>> On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 05:44:51 -0700 (PDT), RichA <>
    >>>> wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> On Jul 9, 7:10 pm, x <> wrote:
    >>>>>> I am going to buy it because it is sooooooooooooooo much better than the
    >>>>>> Canon G1X. Those mutherfukers at Nikon are developing an APS-C sensor
    >>>>>> camera to compete but when the **** is it going to be released, yo?
    >>>>>
    >>>>> P&S. Fixed lens. Hobbled, Crippled. Pointless. For the lazy.
    >>>>
    >>>> Or, for the opportunist. I have a P&S that I purchased as a "car
    >>>> camera" to have with me at all times. It's kept in the glove box
    >>>> where I can reach it whenever I spot something. It's good for those
    >>>> grabs that won't still be there by the time I get my Nikon SLR out.
    >>>>
    >>>> Given enough time, I'd prefer to shoot with the Nikon, but a P&S can
    >>>> be handy.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>> I was going to do that. Even got a cheap P&S for beach shooting.
    >>> Now I use the iPhone, instead and the P&S sits unused.

    >>
    >> My phone (a cheapie) doesn't take good pix.
    >>

    >
    >I maintain that Tony Cooper takes good pix. Recently one of our club
    >members entered an iPhone image in competition. It scored an 8, with 9
    >being the best possible score.


    I'm not playing at being modest. I do think I can sometimes take a
    good photo. More importantly, I can sometimes *see* a good photo
    scene. What you do after seeing a good photo is largely a matter of
    mechanics. My cheapie phone doesn't have the mechanical ability to
    follow through on what I see.

    I know that some phones can take excellent photos. Not mine, though.

    I didn't buy it for that, though. I don't even have a mini SD card
    for it, and no internet connectivity.
    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
     
    tony cooper, Jul 11, 2012
    #7
  8. x

    x Guest

    On 10-Jul-12 10:55, tony cooper wrote:
    > On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 05:44:51 -0700 (PDT), RichA <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On Jul 9, 7:10 pm, x <> wrote:
    >>> I am going to buy it because it is sooooooooooooooo much better than the
    >>> Canon G1X. Those mutherfukers at Nikon are developing an APS-C sensor
    >>> camera to compete but when the **** is it going to be released, yo?

    >>
    >> P&S. Fixed lens. Hobbled, Crippled. Pointless. For the lazy.

    >
    > Or, for the opportunist. I have a P&S that I purchased as a "car
    > camera" to have with me at all times. It's kept in the glove box
    > where I can reach it whenever I spot something. It's good for those
    > grabs that won't still be there by the time I get my Nikon SLR out.
    >
    > Given enough time, I'd prefer to shoot with the Nikon, but a P&S can
    > be handy.


    WELL SAID!

    As usual, RichA has no clue to what he is talking about. Meanwhile great
    shooters like yourself understand how good a camera with these features
    can be to have around.
     
    x, Jul 12, 2012
    #8
  9. tony cooper <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 20:03:54 -0400, PeterN
    > <> wrote:
    >>On 7/10/2012 10:55 AM, tony cooper wrote:


    >>> Or, for the opportunist. I have a P&S that I purchased as a "car
    >>> camera" to have with me at all times. It's kept in the glove box
    >>> where I can reach it whenever I spot something. It's good for those
    >>> grabs that won't still be there by the time I get my Nikon SLR out.
    >>>
    >>> Given enough time, I'd prefer to shoot with the Nikon, but a P&S can
    >>> be handy.
    >>>

    >>I was going to do that. Even got a cheap P&S for beach shooting.
    >>Now I use the iPhone, instead and the P&S sits unused.


    > My phone (a cheapie) doesn't take good pix.


    What annoys me about mine isn't the poor quality, which is good enough
    for copying a page from a book or newspaper, but the fiddle time. It's
    not a convenient shape for a camera, so it's awkward to hold, and even
    more awkward to try holding it steady. Then activating and controlling
    the camera requires poking the touch screen menus, icons, etc., more
    knocking it around. And it's not unusual that the first shot looks a
    bit off so I'll try again more carefully.

    All of which ends up taking longer than extracting the DSLR from its
    bag and pointing and shooting immediately and carelessly. That doesn't
    get a good image in DSLR terms, but it's still SO much better than the
    phone can manage! So I've stopped using the phone even for casual
    documentary snaps if I happen to have the DSLR with me. Which I
    usually do.

    The one advantage of the phone's photos is that I can instantly send
    them to someone, e.g. a photo of where I am to someone who is looking
    for me. Well, that would be an advantage if more of my pensioner
    contemporaries knew how to find and look at the image on their
    phone. That's the kind of new-fangled stuff they have to hand the
    phone to a child to do for them. But none of my aged relatives or their
    grown up children have problems with using their phones, computers,
    etc, which suggests a possible genetic factor.

    The geek factor :)

    --
    Chris Malcolm
     
    Chris Malcolm, Jul 15, 2012
    #9
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Sarah Stewart
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    652
    =?Utf-8?B?QnJhaW5Mb2Nr?=
    May 11, 2005
  2. Sarah Stewart
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,079
    Sarah Stewart
    May 8, 2005
  3. Bri.

    Is 100% JPG, really 100%?

    Bri., Feb 16, 2004, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    319
  4. Phealix

    100 DVD-R AND 100 CASES FOR SALE

    Phealix, Dec 5, 2004, in forum: DVD Video
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    447
    kaydigi
    Dec 6, 2004
  5. ~misfit~

    When is 100% not 100%?

    ~misfit~, Dec 6, 2003, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    308
    ~misfit~
    Dec 6, 2003
Loading...

Share This Page