    "my computer" to the desktop.

    anyone know whats going on or how I can fix it?

    thank you!
    jeff, Jun 25, 2005

  2. jeff

    Guest

    On jeff <> wrote:

    |>Im trying to use sony restore cds on a sony Vaio laptop, they are the
    |>correct cds for the laptop.
    |>
    |>I've restored the system 3 times and it keeps installing some whack
    |>copy of windows, I can't enable "show hidden files" and I can't add
    |>"my computer" to the desktop.
    |>
    |>anyone know whats going on or how I can fix it?

    I'm running a pre installed XP home, lots of things are broken and
    some directories I can't access. My system is protecting me from
    myself :)

    I'm pretty sure I've found my "protector" (Prismxl.sys), you might
    find yours and disable it.

    You might also have group policies working against you. Any NT system
    except XP home - run (WinKey+R) gpedit.msc <enter>
    And snoop around and see what you can find.

    Me? I just installed XP pro on another partition and will use the home
    as an emergency system. And my system is once again my own.

    --
    , Jun 25, 2005

  3. jeff

    Top Guest

    jeff <> wrote in

    > Im trying to use sony restore cds on a sony Vaio laptop, they are the
    > correct cds for the laptop.
    >
    > I've restored the system 3 times and it keeps installing some whack
    > copy of windows, I can't enable "show hidden files" and I can't add
    > "my computer" to the desktop.
    >
    > anyone know whats going on or how I can fix it?
    >

    > thank you!

    Are you logged in as administrator?

    Top

    --
    Freedom is never free....
    Top, Jun 25, 2005
  4. HELLO I DON T SPEEK ENGLISH WELL
    Xns96806618029AFTopneorrcom@65.24.3.143...

    Ben Ali OUADAH, Jun 26, 2005
  5. jeff

    Top Guest

    "Ben Ali OUADAH" <> wrote in

    > HELLO I DON T SPEEK ENGLISH WELL
    > "Top" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    > Xns96806618029AFTopneorrcom@65.24.3.143...
    >> jeff <> wrote in
    >>
    >> > Im trying to use sony restore cds on a sony Vaio laptop, they
    >> > are the correct cds for the laptop.
    >> >
    >> > I've restored the system 3 times and it keeps installing some
    >> > whack copy of windows, I can't enable "show hidden files" and
    >> > I can't add "my computer" to the desktop.
    >> >
    >> > anyone know whats going on or how I can fix it?
    >> >

    >> > thank you!

    >> Are you logged in as administrator?
    >>
    >> Top
    >>
    >> --
    >> Freedom is never free....

    So you want to yell at me because you don't speak English well? Sure,
    go ahead, that is sure to help.

    Top

    --
    Freedom is never free....