Sony releases high res headset

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Dec 5, 2011.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    RichA, Dec 5, 2011

  2. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    RichA <> wrote:
    >Olympus made some of these, but low res a few years ago. I've been
    >hoping Sony would do this. Theoretically, you could do away with your
    >TV/projector.
    >
    >http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-sony-hmz-t1-personal-3d-viewer-review

    It depends how much of a fan you are of 3D, whether you would be happy
    with 720p rather than 'Full HD' of 1280p, also whether you would be
    comfortable wearing such a heavy, cumbersome headset.

    A work in progress rather than a final, finished product. Thanks
    Sony, but I don't value 3D and still strongly prefer 1080p monitors.

    Bruce, Dec 5, 2011

  3. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Dec 5, 6:09 pm, Bruce <> wrote:
    > RichA <> wrote:
    > >Olympus made some of these, but low res a few years ago.  I've been
    > >hoping Sony would do this.  Theoretically, you could do away with your
    > >TV/projector.

    > >http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-sony-hmz-t1-personal...

    > It depends how much of a fan you are of 3D, whether you would be happy
    > with 720p rather than 'Full HD' of 1280p,

    Neither do I value 3D much at all. I just want a headset to eliminate
    TV screens. Even in my home theatre with 27% grey walls and the
    lights off, it is still distracting. Meanwhile, the average person
    with an HDTV screen might as well not have one because they sit 10-15
    ft away! That's like people who sit in the back rows of a theatre.

    RichA, Dec 5, 2011
  4. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    RichA <> wrote:

    >On Dec 5, 6:09 pm, Bruce <> wrote:
    >> RichA <> wrote:
    >> >Olympus made some of these, but low res a few years ago.  I've been
    >> >hoping Sony would do this.  Theoretically, you could do away with your
    >> >TV/projector.

    >> >http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-sony-hmz-t1-personal...

    >> It depends how much of a fan you are of 3D, whether you would be happy
    >> with 720p rather than 'Full HD' of 1280p,

    >Neither do I value 3D much at all. I just want a headset to eliminate
    >TV screens. Even in my home theatre with 27% grey walls and the
    >lights off, it is still distracting.

    27%, eh? Not 26%, not 28%, but 27%. ;-)

    >Meanwhile, the average person
    >with an HDTV screen might as well not have one because they sit 10-15
    >ft away! That's like people who sit in the back rows of a theatre.

    That's because affordable HDTV screens are sized to suit most Japanese
    and European rooms, in which sitting more than 10 feet away is mostly
    impracticable. Comparatively few screens larger than 42 inches are
    sold in Europe.

    Bruce, Dec 5, 2011
  5. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    Jeff <> wrote:

    >Bruce <> wrote in
    >
    >> RichA <> wrote:

    >>>Neither do I value 3D much at all. I just want a headset to
    >>>eliminate TV screens. Even in my home theatre with 27% grey walls
    >>>and the lights off, it is still distracting.

    >> 27%, eh? Not 26%, not 28%, but 27%. ;-)
    >>

    >The Rolling Stones had a song for that situation, "Paint It, Black".

    Feel the rain like an English summer
    Hear the notes from a distant song
    Stepping out from a back shop poster
    Wishing life wouldn't be so dull
    Deperir a gris [Fade to grey]

    Lyrics from the song "Fade to grey" by Visage, 1980.

    Bruce, Dec 6, 2011
  6. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Dec 5, 9:58 pm, Alan Browne <>
    wrote:
    > On 2011-12-05 17:49 , RichA wrote:
    >
    > > Olympus made some of these, but low res a few years ago.  I've been
    > > hoping Sony would do this.  Theoretically, you could do away with your
    > > TV/projector.

    > >http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-sony-hmz-t1-personal...

    >  From what I hear the weight of them is a bit bothersome.  For a family
    > you'd need several headsets.  (and processors?).
    >
    > 3D isn't all that much use to me IAC.  I'll stick with my 1080p plasma.
    >
    > --
    > "I see!" said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw.

    What, not going for the biggest scam of all, the "LED" TV which simply
    swapped one backlight source for another in crummy LCD TV's? Plasma
    is the current image champion, outside of top-flight DLP projectors.

    RichA, Dec 7, 2011