    Anyone else had this trouble?
    Thanks in advance.
    Adam
    Adam, Sep 26, 2005

  2. Adam

    FAQmeister Guest

    "Adam" <> wrote in message
    news:dh9m1b$svb$-infra.bt.com
    > Hi there,
    > I have bought some DVD-RW discs from Verbatim to use in my Sony DVD
    > recorder for the television.
    > When I placed the disc into the recorder, I had a message to say this
    > type of disc cannot be played.
    > it is supposed to be a multi format dvd recorder.
    > Anyone else had this trouble?
    > Thanks in advance.
    > Adam

    Multi-format doesn't mean any brand of disc. Nearly all recorders and
    players are picky with some brands of discs. Usually the manufacturers
    have a list of preferred brands.
    --
    The alt.video.dvd faq is located at:
    http://aww-faq.org/dvdfaq.html
    FAQmeister, Sep 27, 2005

  3. Adam

    GMAN Guest

    In article <dh9m1b$svb$-infra.bt.com>, "Adam" <> wrote:
    >Hi there,
    >I have bought some DVD-RW discs from Verbatim to use in my Sony DVD recorder
    >for the television.
    >When I placed the disc into the recorder, I had a message to say this type
    >of disc cannot be played.
    >it is supposed to be a multi format dvd recorder.
    >Anyone else had this trouble?
    >Thanks in advance.
    >Adam

    You did format it before you tried to use it?
    GMAN, Sep 28, 2005
  4. Adam

    Adam Guest

    Hi there,
    Yes, I have tried to format it but when i go into the tools menu to do
    this - all of the options are greyed out.
    I might give sony a call today and see what they say.
    Cheers,
    Ad

    Adam, Oct 3, 2005