    I REALLY want to get one in the next couple of days so that I can ditch my video.
    Is it easy to install and set up?
    Thanks.

    Paul Maskell, Jun 16, 2004

  2. "Paul Maskell" <> wrote in message
    news:Vc%zc.15843$9.net...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm planning to buy the Sony GX3 DVD recorder (Multi-region) very soon.
    > Has anyone got this machine and can tell me any good or bad points about

    it?
    > I REALLY want to get one in the next couple of days so that I can ditch my

    video.
    > Is it easy to install and set up?
    > Thanks.

    Save some money and buy the Panny E55 for £225.

    Tony Whitfield, Jun 16, 2004

  3. Paul Maskell

    The Doctor Guest

    In message <Vc%zc.15843$9.net>
    "Paul Maskell" <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm planning to buy the Sony GX3 DVD recorder (Multi-region) very soon.
    > Has anyone got this machine and can tell me any good or bad points about it?
    > I REALLY want to get one in the next couple of days so that I can
    > ditch my video.
    > Is it easy to install and set up?

    I've had no problems with mine.
    It's had (and is having) considerable use and is still going strong. No
    problems or glitches.

    Bad points? Well, it's editing facilities are poor compared to those of
    the Philips machines unless you use the nasty VR mode (which I never
    do) but apart from that I can think of nothing.

    Seaking personally, anything that uses the RAM format discs for
    ReWritables (like the Panasonics....) should be avoided. RAM format
    disc are incompatible with just about every other dvd player on the
    planet. I cannot understand why people keep buying them.

    As far as the other formats go, the Sony gives you the best of both
    worlds, +RW, -RW and -R formats, take your choice.

    Cheers!

    --
    Graham
    The Main Control Room - www.thedeathzone.free-online.co.uk

    The Doctor, Jun 16, 2004
  4. "The Doctor" <-online.co.uk> wrote in message
    > In message <Vc%zc.15843$9.net>
    > "Paul Maskell" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I'm planning to buy the Sony GX3 DVD recorder (Multi-region) very soon.
    > > Has anyone got this machine and can tell me any good or bad points about

    it?
    > > I REALLY want to get one in the next couple of days so that I can
    > > ditch my video.
    > > Is it easy to install and set up?
    > >

    > I've had no problems with mine.
    > It's had (and is having) considerable use and is still going strong. No
    > problems or glitches.
    >
    > Bad points? Well, it's editing facilities are poor compared to those of
    > the Philips machines unless you use the nasty VR mode (which I never
    > do) but apart from that I can think of nothing.
    >
    > Seaking personally, anything that uses the RAM format discs for
    > ReWritables (like the Panasonics....) should be avoided. RAM format
    > disc are incompatible with just about every other dvd player on the
    > planet. I cannot understand why people keep buying them.
    >
    > As far as the other formats go, the Sony gives you the best of both
    > worlds, +RW, -RW and -R formats, take your choice.

    RAM is just as good as a hard disc when coupled with a PC writer as well.
    You are able to customise menus etc. Can't do that on your Sony mate.

    That's wht people keep buying 'em :))

    Tony Whitfield, Jun 16, 2004
  5. Paul Maskell

    Mark A Guest

    Paul Maskell wrote:

    > any good or bad points about it?

    For - excellent machine with RGB recording.

    Bad - no NTSC recording, expensive.

    Regards

    Mark

    Mark A, Jun 16, 2004