    ATM Guest

    They look mighty good. This camera might actually give DSLRs a run for
    their money.

    ATM, Sep 13, 2005

  2. ATM

    Chris Brown Guest

    In article <>,
    ATM <> wrote:
    >They look mighty good. This camera might actually give DSLRs a run for

    The 400 ISO stuff looks a lot cleaner than the samples which briefly
    appeared on the German site a few days ago.

    Chris Brown, Sep 13, 2005

  3. ATM

    JohnR66 Guest

    "ATM" <> wrote in message
    > They look mighty good. This camera might actually give DSLRs a run for
    > their money.

    My observations:
    At lower ISOs, the R1 images look slightly soft relative to the 20D, but
    higher ISOs, the images retain much more clarity than the 20D, but are much
    noiser. ISO3200 should not have been included on the R1. The diference
    between 8 to 10mp is even less than from 6 to 8 mp, so don't expect glaring
    differences in resolution. The good news is that the lens on the R1 is not a
    let down (from what I've seen so far).

    Although the tests are not complete (no horizontal test lines, ect., the R1
    seems not to suffer from any major artifacts such as color moire or much
    mottling. Artifact free images is what Canon has mastered in nearly artifact
    free images from their DSLRs. This could be an interesting comparison in the
    full tests.

    John

    JohnR66, Sep 13, 2005