    repair shop. Any idea what is causing this and is it worth fixing
    it? Thank you,
    - gA

    gA, Jul 23, 2010

  2. gA

    Rich Guest

    On Jul 22, 10:32 pm, gA <> wrote:
    > We were given a Sony DSC T-300 as a gift 2 or 3 years ago. We
    > seldom used it, but the photos were OK. Last month we took it on
    > our holiday and could not use any pictures: They were totally purple.
    >
    > Sony does not recognize the problem and recommended taking it to a
    > repair shop. Any idea what is causing this and is it worth fixing
    > it? Thank you,
    > - gA

    Missing IR filter over the sensor? Here's a picture from a Sigma
    with the filter removed.

    http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/89747617

    Rich, Jul 23, 2010

  3. gA

    Nervous Nick Guest

    On Jul 22, 9:49 pm, Rich <> wrote:
    > On Jul 22, 10:32 pm, gA <> wrote:
    >
    > > We were given a Sony DSC T-300 as a gift 2 or 3 years ago. We
    > > seldom used it, but the photos were OK. Last month we took it on
    > > our holiday and could not use any pictures: They were totally purple.

    Tell your relatives to stop interbreeding with the Barney clan.

    Nervous Nick, Jul 23, 2010
  4. gA

    Chrlz Guest

    On Jul 23, 12:32 pm, gA <> wrote:
    > We were given a Sony DSC T-300 as a gift 2 or 3 years ago. We
    > seldom used it, but the photos were OK. Last month we took it on
    > our holiday and could not use any pictures: They were totally purple.
    >
    > Sony does not recognize the problem and recommended taking it to a
    > repair shop. Any idea what is causing this and is it worth fixing
    > it? Thank you,
    > - gA

    Sony didn't recognise it??? Sounds a lot like this very well known
    problem:

    http://www.imaging-resource.com/badccds.html

    I understood Sony were in fact replacing/repairing ANY camera affected
    at one time, but that offer may have expired. However, it can't hurt
    to take it higher and badger them a bit, if your camera was one of
    those fitted with the bad ccds.

    Chrlz, Jul 23, 2010
  5. gA

    gA Guest

    My camera is not on that list but I will take the advice to
    continue following up with Sony. It's maddening because the camera
    is almost brand new... didn't take more than 30-40 pictures (when
    it came out of my wife's purse!). Thanks again.
    - gA

    gA, Jul 23, 2010