    for help? Thanks.

    Loretta
    , Oct 5, 2005

  2. irwell Guest

    On 4 Oct 2005 21:51:34 -0700, wrote:

    >Hello! I hope I'm at the right place. I've been trying over the phone
    >to help my friend attach pictures to her e-mail to send me. She's on
    >AOL and has a Hewlett Packard with Windows XP. Her picture software is
    >Sony Picture Package. I helped her search for her picture and had her
    >write the entire address down from start to finish. Then I had her hit
    >her "attach" button on her e-mail and start going up the ladder of
    >folders. When she got to the folder "picture package," according to her
    >search, there was supposed to be a file in it to continue the chain,
    >but the folder was completely empty. We tried seeing if there were any
    >hidden folders, but there were none.
    >
    >Also, according to the box that pops up when she puts her curser over
    >the thumbnail of the picture she wants to attach, it's supposed to be a
    >jpg, but the file name is just DFC00023 with no file extension on it at
    >all.
    >
    >Does anyone have any clues as to what's going on or where we could go
    >for help? Thanks.
    >

    > Loretta

    Can she download Irfanview and use this instead.
    irwell, Oct 5, 2005

  3. Ray Fischer Guest

    <> wrote:
    >Hello! I hope I'm at the right place.

    Not really.

    > I've been trying over the phone
    >to help my friend attach pictures to her e-mail to send me. She's on
    >AOL and has a Hewlett Packard with Windows XP.

    Tsk. There's the problem. :)

    > Her picture software is
    >Sony Picture Package. I helped her search for her picture and had her
    >write the entire address down from start to finish. Then I had her hit
    >her "attach" button on her e-mail and start going up the ladder of
    >folders. When she got to the folder "picture package," according to her
    >search, there was supposed to be a file in it to continue the chain,
    >but the folder was completely empty. We tried seeing if there were any
    >hidden folders, but there were none.

    The pictures hould be where she saved them, which is unlikely to be
    where the Picture Package software is located.

    >Also, according to the box that pops up when she puts her curser over
    >the thumbnail of the picture she wants to attach, it's supposed to be a
    >jpg, but the file name is just DFC00023 with no file extension on it at
    >all.

    WinXP doesn't usually show file extensions as the default.

    >Does anyone have any clues as to what's going on or where we could go
    >for help? Thanks.

    One of the Windows newsgroups.

    --
    Ray Fischer
    Ray Fischer, Oct 6, 2005
  4. Blair Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hello! I hope I'm at the right place. I've been trying over the phone
    > to help my friend attach pictures to her e-mail to send me. She's on
    > AOL and has a Hewlett Packard with Windows XP. Her picture software is
    > Sony Picture Package. I helped her search for her picture and had her
    > write the entire address down from start to finish. Then I had her hit
    > her "attach" button on her e-mail and start going up the ladder of
    > folders. When she got to the folder "picture package," according to her
    > search, there was supposed to be a file in it to continue the chain,
    > but the folder was completely empty. We tried seeing if there were any
    > hidden folders, but there were none.
    >
    > Also, according to the box that pops up when she puts her curser over
    > the thumbnail of the picture she wants to attach, it's supposed to be a
    > jpg, but the file name is just DFC00023 with no file extension on it at
    > all.
    >
    > Does anyone have any clues as to what's going on or where we could go
    > for help? Thanks.
    >

    > Loretta

    XP has the facility to send reduced size copies via email.
    Simply right click the picture or pictures amd select "sent to " and select
    mail. Then select reduce and accept and an email opens withr pictue or
    pictures attached.
    Couldn't be easier!
    Remember selecting more than one picture is done by pressing Ctrl while
    selecting
    Good luck
    Blair
    Blair, Oct 6, 2005
  5. Guest

    On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 17:54:40 +0100, "Blair" <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> Hello! I hope I'm at the right place. I've been trying over the phone
    >> to help my friend attach pictures to her e-mail to send me. She's on
    >> AOL and has a Hewlett Packard with Windows XP. Her picture software is
    >> Sony Picture Package. I helped her search for her picture and had her
    >> write the entire address down from start to finish. Then I had her hit
    >> her "attach" button on her e-mail and start going up the ladder of
    >> folders. When she got to the folder "picture package," according to her
    >> search, there was supposed to be a file in it to continue the chain,
    >> but the folder was completely empty. We tried seeing if there were any
    >> hidden folders, but there were none.
    >>
    >> Also, according to the box that pops up when she puts her curser over
    >> the thumbnail of the picture she wants to attach, it's supposed to be a
    >> jpg, but the file name is just DFC00023 with no file extension on it at
    >> all.

    For what it's worth, the lack of an extension is likely the
    result of the Windows default option not to show extensions for common
    file types. to show them, in most file list views, select (from the
    menu bar), Tools -- Folder Options -- View -- then clear the check
    mark before "Hide extensions for known file types".

    >> Does anyone have any clues as to what's going on or where we could go
    >> for help? Thanks.
    >>

    >> Loretta

    >XP has the facility to send reduced size copies via email.
    >Simply right click the picture or pictures amd select "sent to " and select
    >mail. Then select reduce and accept and an email opens withr pictue or
    >pictures attached.
    >Couldn't be easier!
    >Remember selecting more than one picture is done by pressing Ctrl while
    >selecting
    >Good luck
    >Blair

    , Oct 6, 2005