    Have any of you had success calibrating this monitor by creating a
    monitor profile and, if so, with what software?

    , Nov 11, 2006

  2. bmoag Guest

    I believe this software method has even been discontinued by the
    manufacturer.
    The only effective monitor calibration requires use of an external device to
    measure the output from your screen.
    They all require hardware adjustments of the monitor's controls (brightness,
    contrast, RGB values) to optimize the screen initially. Then a series of
    color tones of known values is generated and the actual output of your
    screen is measured and recorded to create a profile that is transferred into
    your video driver and is set automatically for you.
    Color management is more difficult with LCD panels than CRTs but can be
    done. I presume the p234 has the necessary manual controls for calibration.

    bmoag, Nov 11, 2006