    looking for a small camera, narrowed it down to the above.
    Any comments
    Dave

    dave, Feb 11, 2004

  2. "dave" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > looking for a small camera, narrowed it down to the above.
    > Any comments
    > Dave

    A friend of mine has the Casio EXZ4 and loves it. I recently bought a new
    camera and chose the Pentax Optio S4 over the Casio. I use macro quite a
    bit and the Pentax has two macro modes. So far I have been thrilled with
    the camera. I am unfamiliar with the Sony.

    Charles Perry P.E.

    Charles Perry, Feb 11, 2004

  3. dave

    dave Guest

    thanks for the repy, im also looking at the canon S400. its to replace a
    Canon S30 but i want something smaller

    dave, Feb 11, 2004
  4. dave

    mcs Guest

    I tried both and the Sony has better focus if and a big if your still .
    The casio has prettier shots , brighter,smaller fun camera . If your picky
    about detail try another, both very good cameras though depending on your
    preference. There is something about the P10 while very very good , you
    always think something is lacking. You can get a glorious shot a bit more
    often with the casio. Did I mix you up? The bottom line is if I could do
    all over again, I would get the casio knowing they recently fixed a issue
    with firmware.

    mcs, Feb 14, 2004
  5. dave

    Steve Guest

    I agree about the Sony focus issue. I have a P10 and have learned that I
    better hold really steady if I want a sharp image. I suppose the default
    exposure goes for a small f-stop and a long exposure, like f8 @1/30, instead
    of say, f4 @ 1/120 ? I would go for less depth of field and a faster
    exposure. I have yet to play with the manual controls though.

    Steve

    Steve, Feb 14, 2004
  6. dave

    dave Guest

    Thanks all.
    I got the Sony but took it back after a few days because i wanted somthing
    even smaller. read good things about the Canon S400, jessops are doing it
    for £299 and i already had a CF card so went for that.
    It seems more basic than the Sony but im happy with it.

    "Steve" <> wrote in message
    > I agree about the Sony focus issue. I have a P10 and have learned that I
    > better hold really steady if I want a sharp image. I suppose the default
    > exposure goes for a small f-stop and a long exposure, like f8 @1/30,

    instead
    > of say, f4 @ 1/120 ? I would go for less depth of field and a faster
    > exposure. I have yet to play with the manual controls though.
    >
    > Steve
    >
    > "mcs" <> wrote in message
    > > I tried both and the Sony has better focus if and a big if your still

    ..

    dave, Feb 16, 2004