    They are about the same price. Is one better than the other?

    --
    C and A Bredt
    C and A Bredt, Jul 3, 2005

  2. C and A Bredt

    Mark² Guest

    "C and A Bredt" <> wrote in message
    news:DIVxe.7657$...
    > I'm thinking of getting the Sony P200 or W7. They both can take a 1 Gig
    > Memory Stick Pro.
    >
    > They are about the same price. Is one better than the other?

    No.
    Mark², Jul 4, 2005

  3. --
    C and A Bredt

    > "C and A Bredt" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm thinking of getting the Sony P200 or W7. They both can take a 1 Gig
    >> Memory Stick Pro.
    >>
    >> They are about the same price. Is one better than the other?

    > No.

    There's also a high speed one. Would I notice the difference?

    There's also a duo that has a smaller card with a plastic holder so that it
    fits. What is that used for?

    Many thanks for the info.
    C and A Bredt, Jul 4, 2005
  4. C and A Bredt

    > --
    > C and A Bredt
    >>
    >> "C and A Bredt" <> wrote in message
    >>> I'm thinking of getting the Sony P200 or W7. They both can take a 1 Gig
    >>> Memory Stick Pro.
    >>>
    >>> They are about the same price. Is one better than the other?

    >> No.

    > There's also a high speed one. Would I notice the difference?
    >
    > There's also a duo that has a smaller card with a plastic holder so that
    > it fits. What is that used for?
    >
    > Many thanks for the info.

    Duo is used in very small applications where card size is critical.
    The "high speed" one may or many not be faster than the other.
    You'd have to do some research to see wha teh true speed is.
    Also...unless your camera is capable of taking advantage of additional
    speed, it's of no use to you.
    Mark², Jul 4, 2005
  5. C and A Bredt

    Fishface Guest

    C and A Bredt wrote:.
    > There's also a high speed one. Would I notice the difference?

    I have a 512MB Ultra II (Sandisk), for which I paid dearly over a year ago.
    For the amount of time you actually spend downloading pictures to the computer,
    I don't think it is worth the added cost. I don't believe that the cameras actually
    write to this card any faster, but I am not certain. Newegg currently has a
    weekend special on the 1GB Sandisk...
    Fishface, Jul 4, 2005