Sony notebooks - better video?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Steve Freides, Jan 12, 2004.

  1. I know this is likely impossible to answer but are Sony Vaio laptop displays
    any better than others?

    When we bought a digital video camera, I found a noticeable difference in
    picture quality between the Sony and the Canon we were looking at, and my
    general, albeit subjective, commercial-influenced and otherwise pretty
    worthless impression is that Sony makes good things and that a Vaio might be
    a good choice in a laptop for me, particularly since my main motivation in
    buying it is to be able to demo some software we're writing (nothing fancy,
    just an add-on to an accounting package).

    My current laptop is a Toshiba Libretto. For those who don't remember, its
    runs Windows 95, has a very small qwerty keyboard, and is about 2 lbs. in
    weight. Light weight is my other priority.

    So please point me to a lightweight laptop with a beautiful display for
    running mainstream business applications. My other choice besides a Sony
    would likely be a Dell - I support lots of Dell's and they seem to make fine
    business and home computers.

    Many thanks in advance.

    -S-
    http://www.kbnj.com
    Steve Freides, Jan 12, 2004

  2. Steve Freides

    Coleen Weber Guest

    When I was purchasing a laptop the past Nov. I looked at them all and
    did some extensive research as to what would be best for. I finally
    settled on an IBM Thinkpad T30. It had the best graphics of them all.
    Now, I just use my laptop for messing around but it is stout enough to
    handle any project I throw at it.

    Coleen Weber, Jan 12, 2004