Sony NEX-7 could end up back-ordered for several months

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bruce, Nov 10, 2011.

  1. Bruce

    Bruce Guest

    On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 14:09:55 -0800 (PST), RichA <>
    wrote:

    >According to one source, based on demand and the production disruption
    >due to the floods.

    Consideration is apparently being given to supplying one market only
    with NEX-7 bodies, probably north America. Europe and the Far East
    would have to wait until production resumes.
    Bruce, Nov 10, 2011

  2. Bruce

    RichA Guest

    RichA, Nov 10, 2011

  3. Bruce

    Robert Coe Guest

    :
    : Consideration is apparently being given to supplying one market only
    : with NEX-7 bodies, probably north America. Europe and the Far East
    : would have to wait until production resumes.

    I can understand that decision. They probably hope to avoid a barrage of
    complaints from Rich.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Nov 11, 2011
  4. Bruce

    Robert Coe Guest

    :
    : >:
    : >: Consideration is apparently being given to supplying one market only
    : >: with NEX-7 bodies, probably north America. Europe and the Far East
    : >: would have to wait until production resumes.
    : >
    : >I can understand that decision. They probably hope to avoid a barrage of
    : >complaints from Rich.
    : >
    : >Bob
    :
    : Not just Rich. The boards at DP Review are lit up.
    :
    : I've decided to take a step back and wait. I'd love one, but I hate
    : playing the waiting game, and I don't want to buy a unit that was
    : rushed, which I think is possible. Also, I'd like to see the IQ before
    : I put down some cash. In the meantime, I'll suffer with the 5D II.

    You poor fellow. We all feel your pain.

    (I mean that metaphorically, of course. I believe you did tell us that actual
    back pain was why you wanted a lighter camera. And having almost destroyed my
    neck and back muscles lugging a heavy camera bag around the HotC Regatta, I'm
    very sympathetic!)

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Nov 11, 2011
  5. Bruce

    RichA Guest

    On Nov 11, 6:30 am, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 22:46:25 +0100, Bruce <> wrote:
    >
    > : On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 14:09:55 -0800 (PST), RichA <>:wrote:
    >
    > : >According to one source, based on demand and the production disruption
    > : >due to the floods.
    > :
    > : Consideration is apparently being given to supplying one market only
    > : with NEX-7 bodies, probably north America.  Europe and the Far East
    > : would have to wait until production resumes.
    >
    > I can understand that decision. They probably hope to avoid a barrage of
    > complaints from Rich.
    >
    > Bob

    Click-whirrr, "I am a company man, I do not criticize my company, life
    is grand, there was nothing improper going on at O-lym-pus..."
    whirrr...
    RichA, Nov 11, 2011