    film. I am wondering if there is any way I can disable this message?
    Any idea?

    , Sep 16, 2006

  2. cn649 wrote ...
    >I have recently purchased a Sony Mini DVD camcorder (DCRDVD205) and
    > some TDK 8cm DVD disk. When I am using the TDK disk, the camcorder
    > will
    > pop up a message everything when I power on stating that "Sony
    > recommended Sony disk" message blocking the screen for a minute or so,
    > and I have to wait for the message to disappear before I can start to
    > film. I am wondering if there is any way I can disable this message?
    > Any idea?

    My 1st generation digital still camera that uses the
    small CD-R does exactly the same thing. Of course,
    it is Sony's blatant attempt at ensuring a market for
    *their* discs. But it only hangs things up for 5-10
    seconds. I suppose we should be thankful that they
    even *allow* writing to non-Sony discs. :-(

    Note that some of that time is required for the camera
    to scan the contents of the disc to establish what (if
    anything) is already written on the disc, etc. Whether
    it is a Sony brand disc or any other. They just use the
    time to display the "Sony preferred" message.

    I would be very surprised if there is a way to hack
    *anything* on those cameras, much less turning off
    the advertising message.

    Richard Crowley, Sep 17, 2006