    dropped in price. Would it be a major improvement, so the files would be
    written VERY fast, or just a negligable improvement?

    thanks

    eb7g, Dec 9, 2004

  2. eb7g

    Jon Pike Guest

    eb7g <> wrote in news:IsZtd.469913$%k.334944@pd7tw2no:

    > Hi there
    >
    > I have a Sony DSC-V1 which can use Memory Stick Pro or regular Memory
    > Sticks. I tend to shoot either in 5MP or 3.2 MP, and there is a very
    > noticiable delay after the photo is taken, for the camera to 'process'
    > it and write the photo to the regular Memory stick.
    >
    > I"m wondering if anyone would know how much of a speed improvement there
    > would be if I started using the Memory Stick Pro, which seems to have
    > dropped in price. Would it be a major improvement, so the files would be
    > written VERY fast, or just a negligable improvement?

    You ought to be able to go to the store and try it out. You may be limited
    by your camera in just how quickly it can write to the card.

    --
    http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=moosespet

    Jon Pike, Dec 9, 2004

  3. >
    > I"m wondering if anyone would know how much of a speed improvement there
    > would be if I started using the Memory Stick Pro, which seems to have
    > dropped in price. Would it be a major improvement, so the files would be
    > written VERY fast, or just a negligable improvement?
    >
    > thanks

    I got over a 2x speedup when I went from Memory Stick to Memory Stick Pro
    with both my P150 and F828, and I would expect a similar result in a V-1.
    In each case I used "burst" mode to fill the buffer and measued how long it
    was before I could take another photograph.

    Tiberius

    Tiberius Claudius Drusus Nero Germanicus, Dec 9, 2004
  4. eb7g

    Larry Guest

    In article <cpafbj$nft$>, says...
    > I got over a 2x speedup when I went from Memory Stick to Memory Stick Pro
    > with both my P150 and F828, and I would expect a similar result in a V-1.
    > In each case I used "burst" mode to fill the buffer and measued how long it
    > was before I could take another photograph.
    >
    > Tiberius

    Same results here with the same two cameras.

    I do, however, use CF cards in the '828 more than the memory sticks, simply
    because they are cheaper.

    I save the Memory sticks for when I need the camera to work faster, and most
    of the time in my work speed isn't as much of a factor as luck (being in the
    right place at the right time).

    By the way... The V1 is a MUCH better camera than most people think it is..

    Paired with the very expensive Sony flash unit ($199 US) it is the PERFECT
    camera for small gatherings or crowded parties where something as large as
    the 717 or the 828 or a Digital Rebel would be intrusive and heavy.

    --
    Larry Lynch
    Mystic, Ct.

    Larry, Dec 9, 2004