    and save them.

    Any work around or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

    Pak
    pak, Apr 7, 2009

  2. pak

    Nicko Guest

    On Apr 6, 9:01 pm, pak <> wrote:
    > When finalizing a full CD{R} disk, that I used on my Sony Mavica
    > CD200, I get a message fm camera that says " no room to finalize" .
    > Because it's a read only disk, I don't think I can remove any
    > pictures, to make more room.
    >
    > There are some great pics on the disk, and we're desperate to print
    > and save them.

    If you want help, it helps if your query makes sense.
    Nicko, Apr 7, 2009

  3. pak

    Ray Fischer Guest

    pak <> wrote:
    >When finalizing a full CD{R} disk, that I used on my Sony Mavica
    >CD200, I get a message fm camera that says " no room to finalize" .
    >Because it's a read only disk, I don't think I can remove any
    >pictures, to make more room.

    Tsk. Sony made a major mistake. The camera should never get into
    such a state.

    >There are some great pics on the disk, and we're desperate to print
    >and save them.
    >
    >Any work around or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

    Did you try just sticking it into a computer and seeing what happens?
    Try both Windows and (if that doesn't work) a Mac as well.

    --
    Ray Fischer
    Ray Fischer, Apr 7, 2009
  4. pak

    ASAAR Guest

    On Mon, 6 Apr 2009 19:01:04 -0700 (PDT), pak wrote:

    > When finalizing a full CD{R} disk, that I used on my Sony Mavica
    > CD200, I get a message fm camera that says " no room to finalize" .
    > Because it's a read only disk, I don't think I can remove any
    > pictures, to make more room.
    >
    > There are some great pics on the disk, and we're desperate to print
    > and save them.
    >
    > Any work around or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

    Even though it's not yet finalized, have you checked to see if the
    CD can be accessed by your computer? It's only a slim chance, but
    if not, your Sony CD200 should able to recognize the files on the
    unfinalized CD and you'll then be able to transfer the pictures to
    the computer using a USB cable. You might have to make sure that
    the Mavica's USB port is set to the proper mode. Mass storage would
    be the ideal mode, making the CD look like a normal disk drive. PTP
    (Picture Transfer Protocol) could also work, but it's a bit more
    limiting. If the CD200 has a USB mode for transferring files to a
    printer, make sure that it's not set to that mode.
    ASAAR, Apr 7, 2009
  5. pak

    Jeff R. Guest

    pak wrote:
    > When finalizing a full CD{R} disk, that I used on my Sony Mavica
    > CD200, I get a message fm camera that says " no room to finalize" .
    > Because it's a read only disk, I don't think I can remove any
    > pictures, to make more room.
    >
    > There are some great pics on the disk, and we're desperate to print
    > and save them.
    >
    > Any work around or solutions would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Pak

    ISTR that the Mavica will allow you to download the images to a PC, through
    the USB, without the need to finalise the CD.

    Tried that?

    --
    Jeff R.
    Jeff R., Apr 7, 2009