Sony HDD Photo Storage HDPS-M1

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Fuzzy Logic, Aug 5, 2004.

  1. Fuzzy Logic

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    Fuzzy Logic, Aug 5, 2004

  2. Fuzzy Logic

    Sabineellen Guest

    Sabineellen, Aug 5, 2004

  3. Fuzzy Logic

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    (Sabineellen) wrote in
    news::

    >>This looks like a great little device:
    >>
    >>http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/sony-hdps-m1-review.html

    > It's expensive, big, and has a short battery life (1 hours). It takes
    > memory stick that i don't care about, and not SD cards.

    Yes the battery life is not great but it can transfer 512MB in just over 3
    minutes so this may not be a serious issue. The size doesn't seem
    unreasonable (to me). Can you recommend a similar product? I use CF cards.

    Fuzzy Logic, Aug 5, 2004
  4. Fuzzy Logic

    Sabineellen Guest

    >Yes the battery life is not great but it can transfer 512MB in just over 3
    >minutes so this may not be a serious issue. The size doesn't seem
    >unreasonable (to me). Can you recommend a similar product? I use CF cards.

    Vosonic. At least with those you can change the hard drive and use many other
    cards.

    Sabineellen, Aug 5, 2004
  5. (Sabineellen) writes:

    > >Yes the battery life is not great but it can transfer 512MB in just over 3
    > >minutes so this may not be a serious issue. The size doesn't seem
    > >unreasonable (to me). Can you recommend a similar product? I use CF cards.

    > Vosonic. At least with those you can change the hard drive and use many other
    > cards.

    Though as a Vosonic user (x-drive II), the battery life is not all that great,
    and it takes twice as long to copy my media files as my previous portable
    storage unit (Image Bank). On the other hand, when I bought it (without a disk
    drive), it was fairly cheap, and it now works with Linux....

    A new unit that is just starting to hit the stores is the CompactDrive that
    takes 4 AA batteries, can transfer ~ 25 gigs before the batteries run out, and
    transfer speed is very fast, on the order of 1 gigabyte card in 3 minutes. I
    believe mydigitaldiscount.com may have them in.

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:

    Michael Meissner, Aug 6, 2004
  6. Fuzzy Logic

    Sabineellen Guest

    >A new unit that is just starting to hit the stores is the CompactDrive that
    >takes 4 AA batteries, can transfer ~ 25 gigs before the batteries run out,
    >and
    >transfer speed is very fast, on the order of 1 gigabyte card in 3 minutes. I
    >believe mydigitaldiscount.com may have them in.

    What an awesome looking device. I really want this one. I'm a sucker for
    devices that use AA batteries. This will most likely be my next purchase if I
    need to travel with a camera or something.

    Sabineellen, Aug 6, 2004
  7. Fuzzy Logic

    Blade Runner Guest

    This is another different approach to solve the same problem.

    <http://www.addonics.com/products/mfr/aemfr842d.asp>

    On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 18:22:06 GMT, Fuzzy Logic <> wrote:

    =>This looks like a great little device:
    =>
    =>http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/sony-hdps-m1-review.html

    Blade Runner, Aug 14, 2004