    I'm looking for a user manual for a sony grx8 hifi. Can someone point me in
    the right direction or better still send me a copy?
    Cheers Susie

    susie, Feb 22, 2004

  2. susie

    Jason M Guest

    On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 18:48:08 +1300, "susie" <>
    wrote:

    >I know this is not the group to post to but I'm going mad trying to find the
    >thing I want & google isn't helping so please forgive me
    >I'm looking for a user manual for a sony grx8 hifi. Can someone point me in
    >the right direction or better still send me a copy?

    It probably doesn't help, but I note that for the search "user manual
    sony grx8 hifi", Google comes up with just one site:
    http://service.city.tomsk.net/manuals/profi10.html

    and a Copernic search come up with that one plus these two:
    http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/HIFI2650/PageEmail.htm
    http://www.coffeysound.com/forum/

    Who was saying that Google is better? :)

    Jason M, Feb 22, 2004

  3. Jason M wrote:
    > Who was saying that Google is better? :)

    heh, it depends on the search phrase.

    --
    Http://www.Dave.net.nz
    Play Hangman

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Feb 22, 2004
  4. susie

    Jason M Guest

    On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 09:13:31 GMT, (Jason M)
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 18:48:08 +1300, "susie" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>I know this is not the group to post to but I'm going mad trying to find the
    >>thing I want & google isn't helping so please forgive me
    >>I'm looking for a user manual for a sony grx8 hifi. Can someone point me in
    >>the right direction or better still send me a copy?

    >It probably doesn't help, but I note that for the search "user manual
    >sony grx8 hifi", Google comes up with just one site:
    >http://service.city.tomsk.net/manuals/profi10.html
    >
    >and a Copernic search come up with that one plus these two:
    >http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/HIFI2650/PageEmail.htm
    >http://www.coffeysound.com/forum/

    Actually, searching for "sony hcd grx8 manual", Copernic gives many
    refs, including these:
    http://www.electronicsrepair.net/rec4.shtml
    http://website.lineone.net/~harrison.elec/manuals.htm
    http://www.user-service-manuals.com/Sony/HCD.shtml

    and Google gives quite a number of refs also.

    Jason M, Feb 22, 2004
  5. susie

    Jason M Guest

    On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 22:19:57 +1300, "T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz"
    <> wrote:

    >Jason M wrote:
    >> Who was saying that Google is better? :)

    >heh, it depends on the search phrase.

    Yes I realised too late that the word hifi was unnecessary, when I
    noticed the heading.

    Jason M, Feb 22, 2004
  6. susie

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Jason M" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 09:13:31 GMT, (Jason M)
    > wrote:
    >
    > >On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 18:48:08 +1300, "susie" <>
    > >wrote:
    > >
    > >>I know this is not the group to post to but I'm going mad trying to find

    the
    > >>thing I want & google isn't helping so please forgive me
    > >>I'm looking for a user manual for a sony grx8 hifi. Can someone point

    me in
    > >>the right direction or better still send me a copy?

    > >It probably doesn't help, but I note that for the search "user manual
    > >sony grx8 hifi", Google comes up with just one site:
    > >http://service.city.tomsk.net/manuals/profi10.html
    > >
    > >and a Copernic search come up with that one plus these two:
    > >http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/HIFI2650/PageEmail.htm
    > >http://www.coffeysound.com/forum/

    > Actually, searching for "sony hcd grx8 manual", Copernic gives many
    > refs, including these:
    > http://www.electronicsrepair.net/rec4.shtml
    > http://website.lineone.net/~harrison.elec/manuals.htm
    > http://www.user-service-manuals.com/Sony/HCD.shtml
    >
    > and Google gives quite a number of refs also.

    It's always worth trying different combinations if the first results prove
    useless.

    There was an item about Google either on CNN, or quite likely Fox News.
    2 young students started it and kept improving and expanding the search
    engine. They're both from Russia. They now have a large company that
    employs 1,000 people. They still look young, and don't seem to have let
    their success all go to their heads.
    It seems that Google is about to go onto the stock market. Pretty good
    going from very small beginnings. They like their employees to have fun,
    they showed one of them riding down the hallway on an electric scooter, and
    have a kitchen staff to supply good food.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Feb 22, 2004
  7. susie

    susie Guest

    hey there
    Thanks heaps for the replies am investigating now.
    I note some I have already tried & either thay refer to a chat group which
    mentioned the search phrase (quite a few in spanish/Brazilian) or I have to
    pay or they don't have the manual after saying they do>
    But as I said there are some sites I havent tried so here's hoping
    Thanks all

    susie, Feb 22, 2004
  8. susie

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 08:12:40 +1300, "susie" <>
    wrote:

    >hey there
    >Thanks heaps for the replies am investigating now.
    >I note some I have already tried & either thay refer to a chat group which
    >mentioned the search phrase (quite a few in spanish/Brazilian) or I have to
    >pay or they don't have the manual after saying they do>
    >But as I said there are some sites I havent tried so here's hoping

    What can't you do on it (the stereo) that you need the manual for?
    Some of the nice friendly people here (are there any left?!) might be
    able to figure it out for you.

    Craig Shore, Feb 22, 2004
  9. susie

    susie Guest

    Ummmmm weeeeellllllllllll I can only get 1 channel & suspect the antanae
    needs adjusting or needs a special 1 added apart from a cable shoved into 1
    of 4 holes. Put the selected channels into memory so I dont have to find
    the station I want just press a button. Balance the speakers (Im a dairy
    farmer) 2 in the pit 1 in the dry room. 2 name a few
    Cheers

    susie, Feb 23, 2004
  10. susie

    Tick Tock Guest

    On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 20:56:13 +1300, "susie" <> wrote:

    >Ummmmm weeeeellllllllllll I can only get 1 channel & suspect the antanae
    >needs adjusting or needs a special 1 added apart from a cable shoved into 1
    >of 4 holes. Put the selected channels into memory so I dont have to find
    >the station I want just press a button. Balance the speakers (Im a dairy
    >farmer) 2 in the pit 1 in the dry room. 2 name a few
    >Cheers

    I will check to see if we have a Service manual at work as these manual do
    some times has a small user section.

    The 4 Holes 2 might be for a FM Antenna and the other for the AM loop
    Antenna..

    Some use just a Long wire and some use the 300 ohm Ribbon cable one, these can
    be brought in most Radio/TV & DSE Shops..

    Tick Tock, Feb 23, 2004
  11. susie

    susie Guest

    My night in shining armour. The areal looks like a single wire thingy that
    pops into 1 of the holes move it around & you get reception of sorts but it
    gets an FM station thru an AM areal hole thingy.
    Cheers S

    susie, Feb 23, 2004
  12. susie

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 08:30:17 +1300, "susie" <>
    wrote:

    >My night in shining armour. The areal looks like a single wire thingy that
    >pops into 1 of the holes move it around & you get reception of sorts but it
    >gets an FM station thru an AM areal hole thingy.

    If you get a longer piece of wire and put it into the FM plugs then it
    might improve things.

    Craig Shore, Feb 24, 2004
  13. susie

    Craig Shore Guest

    wrote:
    >Put the selected channels into memory so I dont have to find
    >the station I want just press a button.

    What buttons do you have on the front? If there is no specific button
    to store the channels in the numbered buttons then quite often it's
    done by holding down the numbered button for a few seconds.

    > Balance the speakers (Im a dairy
    >farmer) 2 in the pit 1 in the dry room. 2 name a few
    >Cheers

    I assume you are using A & B speaker terminals on the back. There is
    probably no easy answer to that one.

    Craig Shore, Feb 24, 2004
  14. susie

    susie Guest

    ok well I have a button that says memory/enter which gives me a big clue but
    do you press this find the channel you want then press again (by the way
    that diddn't work) A large dial with 1,2,3....... etc showing on the LCD
    display as you turn it & I'm thinking this is a quick channel selector but
    how to store the channels.
    Will try a longer wire but honestly the 1 Ive got is 1 m long already.
    Cheers Susie

    susie, Feb 24, 2004
  15. susie

    susie Guest

    By the way I have L&R speakers & 2 more surround sound ie 4 speakers but how
    do I balance?

    susie, Feb 24, 2004
  16. susie

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Craig Shore" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 08:30:17 +1300, "susie" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >My night in shining armour. The areal looks like a single wire thingy

    that
    > >pops into 1 of the holes move it around & you get reception of sorts but

    it
    > >gets an FM station thru an AM areal hole thingy.

    > If you get a longer piece of wire and put it into the FM plugs then it
    > might improve things.

    Years ago I improved the FM reception on my old stereo quite a lot. A 3
    extension car aerial attached outside the lounge window did the job, the old
    roof gutter type. Got rid of the mounting bracket leaving the 2 holes to
    screw it straight into the outside window sill. Simple enough to wire it up
    to the little FM plug that came with the stereo (but with nothing to connect
    to it). Pushed plug back into FM fitting, and the FM signal meter would go
    right up when getting a good station with the green stereo indicator light
    coming on as well. After all if it's good enough for a car, I couldn't go
    far wrong. Before attaching the aerial reception was crap with just a wire
    attached to the plug. On the outside the aerial looks neat enough and is
    hardly noticeable, it was a cheap enough solution given the good results as
    well.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Feb 24, 2004
  17. susie

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 18:49:29 +1300, "susie" <>
    wrote:

    >ok well I have a button that says memory/enter which gives me a big clue but
    >do you press this find the channel you want then press again (by the way
    >that diddn't work) A large dial with 1,2,3....... etc showing on the LCD
    >display as you turn it & I'm thinking this is a quick channel selector but
    >how to store the channels.
    >Will try a longer wire but honestly the 1 Ive got is 1 m long already.
    >Cheers Susie

    I would guess you first get it onto the station you want using the up
    and down tuning buttons. Once you're listening to what you want to
    store, press the memory/enter button then press the button you want to
    store it in.

    Do you have a digital camera?

    Craig Shore, Feb 25, 2004
  18. susie

    > On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 18:49:29 +1300, "susie" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >ok well I have a button that says memory/enter which gives me a big clue

    but
    > >do you press this find the channel you want then press again (by the way
    > >that diddn't work) A large dial with 1,2,3....... etc showing on the LCD
    > >display as you turn it & I'm thinking this is a quick channel selector

    but
    > >how to store the channels.
    > >Will try a longer wire but honestly the 1 Ive got is 1 m long already.
    > >Cheers Susie

    > I would guess you first get it onto the station you want using the up
    > and down tuning buttons. Once you're listening to what you want to
    > store, press the memory/enter button then press the button you want to
    > store it in.
    >
    > Do you have a digital camera?

    huh?

    Hop round from behind the bush, and just ask for some pictures of the
    controls (including any behind a hidden panel as well) if that's what your
    motive about the camera info is for.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Feb 25, 2004
  19. susie

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "susie" <> wrote in message
    > ok well I have a button that says memory/enter which gives me a big clue

    but
    > do you press this find the channel you want then press again (by the way
    > that diddn't work) A large dial with 1,2,3....... etc showing on the LCD
    > display as you turn it & I'm thinking this is a quick channel selector but
    > how to store the channels.
    > Will try a longer wire but honestly the 1 Ive got is 1 m long already.
    > Cheers Susie

    Try 2 or 3 metres and poke it out the window if possible, a fixed aerial
    would be best.

    At a guess you tune in a station - hit memory/store button to lock it - then
    hit a station select button, or do you have an 2 buttons with arrows for up
    and down like a TV remote?

    If the large dial with the numbers is your station select seperate from the
    tuning setup. Then you might not be far off the mark. Tune in a station -
    mem button to lock it - try the dial to number 1 (if that's for selecting
    the programmed stations) - then hit the mem button again to assign the
    station you've locked to number 1 on your station dial(?).

    Only guessing, but might not be far off that. Once you've tuned the station
    to be programmed it's got to lock it while you select a program button to
    assign to it. Otherwise whatever is already aasigned to the program number
    from new will just scamble your stations again. On some car stereos it's
    tune - mem then a station button to lock it in.
    BUT that program number/button would have to be selected within seconds of
    the MEM button being used, for the locked station will onlly be stored in
    MEMORY for a very short time - only long enough to get it assign to a
    number/button (select) or whatever.

    Apart from trying combinations, don't waste time while doing them. You
    might strike the right one, but wasted too much time to set it up properly.

    I hope that helps a bit.
    Also how old is the stereo? If it's a recent model a sales bugger at an
    appliance store might be good enough to show you the right steps to program
    in the stations - offer to buy something cheap if the sales person can help
    you out. Take in the details of make and model of your stereo. Even if
    you see a similar looking Sony setup, you might be able to look at it's
    manual to see how to lock in the stations.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Feb 25, 2004
  20. susie

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 20:36:55 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
    (*sling)> wrote:

    >"Craig Shore" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 18:49:29 +1300, "susie" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >ok well I have a button that says memory/enter which gives me a big clue

    >but
    >> >do you press this find the channel you want then press again (by the way
    >> >that diddn't work) A large dial with 1,2,3....... etc showing on the LCD
    >> >display as you turn it & I'm thinking this is a quick channel selector

    >but
    >> >how to store the channels.
    >> >Will try a longer wire but honestly the 1 Ive got is 1 m long already.
    >> >Cheers Susie

    >> I would guess you first get it onto the station you want using the up
    >> and down tuning buttons. Once you're listening to what you want to
    >> store, press the memory/enter button then press the button you want to
    >> store it in.
    >>
    >> Do you have a digital camera?

    >huh?
    >
    >Hop round from behind the bush, and just ask for some pictures of the
    >controls (including any behind a hidden panel as well) if that's what your
    >motive about the camera info is for.

    You figured it out, so did I need to say more? :)

    Craig Shore, Feb 25, 2004