    always fluid.
    Best regards,
    Dima

    D, May 21, 2008

  2. D

    ransley Guest

    On May 21, 5:30 am, D <> wrote:
    > Hello!
    > Why does a panoramic video (in an evening or inside a building, shot
    > by Sony HC5E camcorder) look like the frame rate is about 10 fps? My
    > 11-year old JVC VHS-C camcorder never had this problem, the video was
    > always fluid.
    > Best regards,
    > Dima

    Im sure the manual will tell you if you read it, but I guess its a low
    light mode and it probably is indicated on the screen

    ransley, May 21, 2008

  3. D

    D Guest

    On May 21, 3:54 pm, ransley <> wrote:
    > On May 21, 5:30 am, D <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hello!
    > > Why does a panoramic video (in an evening or inside a building, shot
    > > by Sony HC5E camcorder) look like the frame rate is about 10 fps? My
    > > 11-year old JVC VHS-C camcorder never had this problem, the video was
    > > always fluid.
    > > Best regards,
    > > Dima

    > Im sure the manual will tell you if you read it, but I guess its a low
    > light mode and it probably is indicated on the screen

    Thanks for replying!
    No, it's not the low light mode. I do not enable it and it is not
    indicated on the screen.

    D, May 21, 2008
  4. D

    Guest

    On Wed, 21 May 2008 03:30:54 -0700 (PDT), in rec.photo.digital D
    <> wrote:

    >Hello!
    >Why does a panoramic video (in an evening or inside a building, shot
    >by Sony HC5E camcorder) look like the frame rate is about 10 fps? My
    >11-year old JVC VHS-C camcorder never had this problem, the video was
    >always fluid.

    Look at what the required exposure times are. If the iso sensitivity
    isn't boosted and/or the lens isn't allowing enough light in the only
    other parameter to get a proper exposure is the shutter speed. The
    frame rate can't be greater than the shutter speed.

    , May 21, 2008
  5. D

    D Guest

    On May 21, 4:07 pm, wrote:
    > On Wed, 21 May 2008 03:30:54 -0700 (PDT), in rec.photo.digital D
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >Hello!
    > >Why does a panoramic video (in an evening or inside a building, shot
    > >by Sony HC5E camcorder) look like the frame rate is about 10 fps? My
    > >11-year old JVC VHS-C camcorder never had this problem, the video was
    > >always fluid.

    > Look at what the required exposure times are. If the iso sensitivity
    > isn't boosted and/or the lens isn't allowing enough light in the only
    > other parameter to get a proper exposure is the shutter speed. The
    > frame rate can't be greater than the shutter speed.

    Thanks for replying!
    Why is the shutter speed in the 11-year old JVC VHS-C camcorder at
    least 2 times faster than in the 100 times more expensive Sony HC5E
    camcorder in the same conditions?

    D, May 21, 2008
  6. D

    ransley Guest

    On May 21, 7:28 am, D <> wrote:
    > On May 21, 4:07 pm, wrote:> On Wed, 21 May 2008 03:30:54 -0700 (PDT), in rec.photo.digital D
    >
    > > <> wrote:
    > > >Hello!
    > > >Why does a panoramic video (in an evening or inside a building, shot
    > > >by Sony HC5E camcorder) look like the frame rate is about 10 fps? My
    > > >11-year old JVC VHS-C camcorder never had this problem, the video was
    > > >always fluid.

    > > Look at what the required exposure times are. If the iso sensitivity
    > > isn't boosted and/or the lens isn't allowing enough light in the only
    > > other parameter to get a proper exposure is the shutter speed. The
    > > frame rate can't be greater than the shutter speed.

    > Thanks for replying!
    > Why is the shutter speed in the 11-year old JVC VHS-C camcorder at
    > least 2 times faster than in the 100 times more expensive Sony HC5E
    > camcorder in the same conditions?

    Every model has a weakness, they must compromise. Why are camera
    makers upping ccd megapixels and degrading performance, an older 6mp
    Fuji f30 took better pictures than the new 12 mp F50, I dont need
    12mp, nobody does but it sells more cameras to the uninformed masses
    that think more MP means better photos. My 5mp sony is sharper then
    their new stuff. Im sure its in the manual, or call sony incase its a
    defect.

    ransley, May 21, 2008
  7. D

    D Guest

    On May 21, 4:40 pm, ransley <> wrote:
    > On May 21, 7:28 am, D <> wrote:

    > > > Look at what the required exposure times are. If the iso sensitivity
    > > > isn't boosted and/or the lens isn't allowing enough light in the only
    > > > other parameter to get a proper exposure is the shutter speed. The
    > > > frame rate can't be greater than the shutter speed.

    > > Thanks for replying!
    > > Why is the shutter speed in the 11-year old JVC VHS-C camcorder at
    > > least 2 times faster than in the 100 times more expensive Sony HC5E
    > > camcorder in the same conditions?

    > Every model has a weakness, they must compromise.  Why are camera
    > makers upping ccd megapixels and degrading performance, an older 6mp
    > Fuji f30 took better pictures than the new 12 mp F50, I dont need
    > 12mp, nobody does but it sells more cameras to the uninformed masses
    > that think more MP means better photos. My 5mp sony is sharper then
    > their new stuff. Im sure its in the manual, or call sony incase its a
    > defect.- Hide quoted text -

    Thanks ransley for your reply!
    It is not in the manual. I do not enable the Color slow shutter
    option, about which the manual says that the video may slow down
    (which is not true).
    A Sony by phone support does not know what causes this problem.

    D, May 21, 2008
  8. D

    ransley Guest

    On May 21, 7:02 am, D <> wrote:
    > On May 21, 3:54 pm, ransley <> wrote:> On May 21, 5:30 am, D <> wrote:
    >
    > > > Hello!
    > > > Why does a panoramic video (in an evening or inside a building, shot
    > > > by Sony HC5E camcorder) look like the frame rate is about 10 fps? My
    > > > 11-year old JVC VHS-C camcorder never had this problem, the video was
    > > > always fluid.
    > > > Best regards,
    > > > Dima

    > > Im sure the manual will tell you if you read it, but I guess its a low
    > > light mode and it probably is indicated on the screen

    > Thanks for replying!
    > No, it's not the low light mode. I do not enable it and it is not
    > indicated on the screen.

    You said panoramic is that a special wide mode, if its new take it
    back, sony manuals are junk, and I found options even Sony support did
    not even know that are not in my manual, that I could shoot stills
    while taking video on an old unit. They have so much new stuff out its
    hard to know all the operating parameters on every model. Keep looking
    you will figure it out, but color slow shutter may be automatic and
    its on with Night Shot on mine

    ransley, May 21, 2008
  9. D

    D Guest

    On May 21, 6:18 pm, ransley <> wrote:

    > > > Im sure the manual will tell you if you read it, but I guess its a low
    > > > light mode and it probably is indicated on the screen

    > > Thanks for replying!
    > > No, it's not the low light mode. I do not enable it and it is not
    > > indicated on the screen.

    > You said panoramic is that a special wide mode, if its new take it
    > back, sony manuals are junk, and I found options even Sony support did
    > not even know that are not in my manual, that I could shoot stills
    > while taking video on an old unit. They have so much new stuff out its
    > hard to know all the operating parameters on every model. Keep looking
    > you will figure it out, but color slow shutter may be automatic and
    > its on with Night Shot on mine- Hide quoted text -

    Thanks Mark for replying!
    Panoramic video means that you turn a camcorder around its axis during
    recording.
    The Color slow shutter mode does not turn automatically, but manually
    only.

    D, May 22, 2008
  10. D

    D Guest

    On May 22, 11:19 am, "Michael Kennedy" <>
    wrote:
    > "D" <> wrote in message

    > On May 21, 6:18 pm, ransley <> wrote:
    >

    > > On May 21, 7:02 am, D <> wrote:

    > > > Thanks for replying!
    > > > No, it's not the low light mode. I do not enable it and it is not
    > > > indicated on the screen.

    > > You said panoramic is that a special wide mode, if its new take it
    > > back, sony manuals are junk, and I found options even Sony support did
    > > not even know that are not in my manual, that I could shoot stills
    > > while taking video on an old unit. They have so much new stuff out its
    > > hard to know all the operating parameters on every model. Keep looking
    > > you will figure it out, but color slow shutter may be automatic and
    > > its on with Night Shot on mine- Hide quoted text -

    > Thanks Mark for replying!
    > Panoramic video means that you turn a camcorder around its axis during
    > recording.
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > What?? If that is the actual function setting, it makes no sense at all to
    > have such a setting. You could do the same thing with any video camera. Are
    > you sure it is not a wide screen setting?
    >
    > Mike- Hide quoted text -

    Thank Mike for replying!
    What "function setting" do you mean?
    I meant panning shooting by a panoramic video.
    I use wide lens angle usually during panning.

    D, May 22, 2008
  11. D

    D Guest

    Thanks Michael for replying!
    I bought it half a year ago.

    D, May 23, 2008
  12. D

    D, May 23, 2008
  13. D

    wrote:
    > "D" <> wrote in message

    > On May 22, 11:19 am, "Michael Kennedy" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > > "D" <> wrote in message

    > > > You said panoramic is that a special wide mode, if its new take it
    > > > back, sony manuals are junk, and I found options even Sony support did
    > > > not even know that are not in my manual, that I could shoot stills
    > > > while taking video on an old unit. They have so much new stuff out its
    > > > hard to know all the operating parameters on every model. Keep looking
    > > > you will figure it out, but color slow shutter may be automatic and
    > > > its on with Night Shot on mine- Hide quoted text -

    > > Thanks Mark for replying!
    > > Panoramic video means that you turn a camcorder around its axis during
    > > recording.

    > > <snip>

    > > What?? If that is the actual function setting, it makes no sense at all to
    > > have such a setting. You could do the same thing with any video camera.
    > > Are
    > > you sure it is not a wide screen setting?

    > > Mike- Hide quoted text -

    > Thank Mike for replying!
    > What "function setting" do you mean?
    > I meant panning shooting by a panoramic video.
    > I use wide lens angle usually during panning.
    >
    > Oh, I understand what you mean now. Reading through this I thought you meant
    > there was a panoramic setting. Now I understand you are using a wide angle
    > lesnse and taking a panoramic shot.
    >
    > Apprently you are not the only one having problems with this camera.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv4b4wTrYr0]
    >
    > If you just bougth it return it and get another to see if it has the same
    > problem.
    >
    > Mike- Hide quoted text -

    Hello!
    The Sony service says today that the camcorder is normal. The contact
    personel did not test the camcorder. The Sony service does not allow
    to contact technicians which tested the camcorder the days before.
    Sincerely.

    D, May 24, 2008