    probem. I'm running XP Home Ed.

    Thanks,
    Ken
    Ken, Aug 30, 2004

  2. Ken

    A String Guest

    "Ken" <> wrote in message
    news:SduYc.6631$...
    > Hi,
    > I purchased a Sony DVD HandyCam and can't seem to get my machine to accept
    > the drivers from their software. Also when I try to setup the camcorder
    > with
    > the computer, using the USB port, I get a FATAL error (Windows) and I'm
    > told, if I continue with the installation I will have problems with
    > Windows
    > now or in the future. Of course I cancel installation. I will speak with
    > Sony tomorrow but was in hopes someone here might have some idea as to the
    > probem. I'm running XP Home Ed.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ken

    All that message means is that the drivers have not yet been certified by
    Microsoft. Chances are you can run them fine. Just ignore the message and
    install them anyway. Or, if you just can't bring yourself to do it, you
    could always write Microsoft and ask them to check out the drivers and then
    include them in the next service pack...
    A String, Aug 30, 2004

  3. Ken

    Jerry G. Guest

    There is a chance that the drivers are not yet approved by MS. Talk to the
    Sony tech support. They should know about this. Don't take a chance for
    nothing. Find out for sure before proceeding.

    I recently bought some camera equipment from another manufacture. I had to
    call them for the same reason. They gave me a site address to download the
    newer versions of drivers and software for this camera. After the download,
    the installation went very easy.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ==========================

    Jerry G., Aug 30, 2004
  4. Ken

    Ken Guest

    Thank you.
    Will phone Sony today to see if updates are available. If not will check
    with MS to see if they can help.
    Because some have had issues with MS SP-2, I chosen not to update and
    include the Service Pack. Think these drivers might possibility be included
    in the SP?
    Again, thank you.

    Ken

    Ken, Aug 30, 2004