    adjust this? Or any way to avoid it?

    TIA

    Louise
    louise, Oct 25, 2006

  2. louise

    Fishface Guest

    louise wrote:
    > I frequently find that when using my H1 indoors, portraits
    > and such, the flash is much too bright and washes out the
    > person's face. Is there a setting I'm not aware of that can
    > adjust this? Or any way to avoid it?

    Not in the automatic mode. You can change the flash level to
    +, normal, and - on the P setting.
    Fishface, Oct 25, 2006

  3. louise

    louise Guest

    thanks - found it - makes a big difference

    Louise

    louise, Oct 25, 2006
  4. diffuse the flash... do a Google search for "a better bounce card" and use
    that info too... kk

    www.kevinkienlein.com, Oct 25, 2006
  5. louise wrote:
    > I frequently find that when using my H1 indoors, portraits
    > and such, the flash is much too bright and washes out the
    > person's face. Is there a setting I'm not aware of that can
    > adjust this? Or any way to avoid it?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Louise

    Stick a white hankie over the flash. You may have to double it.
    Dennis Pogson, Oct 25, 2006
  6. louise

    tomm42 Guest

    On Oct 25, 5:56 am, "Dennis Pogson" <>
    wrote:
    > louise wrote:
    > > I frequently find that when using my H1 indoors, portraits
    > > and such, the flash is much too bright and washes out the
    > > person's face. Is there a setting I'm not aware of that can
    > > adjust this? Or any way to avoid it?

    > > TIA

    > > LouiseStick a white hankie over the flash. You may have to double it.

    Look how you are holding the camera, are you covering the flash sensor?

    Tom
    tomm42, Oct 25, 2006
  7. louise

    m Ransley Guest

    The H5 which should be the same as the H1 has 7 levels you can adjust
    flash to, and Slow Syncro, On and Auto, with experimenting you should be
    able to get it to work. I know sonys manuals are crap in their
    explanations.
    m Ransley, Oct 25, 2006