Sony follow-up

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Dan, Dec 23, 2004.

  1. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Hi, posted an email to Sony parts dept. Here's the response:

    >Thank you for contacting Sony's Direct Accessories and Parts Center (DAPC USA).
    >Your question was: I have a sony vaio PCG-F350 that I'm repairing and it came with no Recovery CDs. The following DLLs are required for every app available on your website, but these critical files are _not available_ on your website:
    >
    >- Sony Notebook Control Device Utility
    >- Sony Utility Dynamic Link Library
    >- Sony Extended BIOS Dynamic Link Library

    We are sorry, but the item you requested is no longer available.

    Please visit our web site again for all your Sony parts and accessory
    needs.
    -------

    It's not available...NO S--- SHERLOCK

    How hard is it to post software on the internet?

    Dan

    Dan, Dec 23, 2004

  2. Dan

    Guest

    Dan wrote:
    > Hi, posted an email to Sony parts dept. Here's the response:
    >
    > >Thank you for contacting Sony's Direct Accessories and Parts Center

    (DAPC USA).
    > >Your question was: I have a sony vaio PCG-F350 that I'm repairing

    and it came with no Recovery CDs. The following DLLs are required for
    every app available on your website, but these critical files are _not
    available_ on your website:

    > >- Sony Notebook Control Device Utility
    > >- Sony Utility Dynamic Link Library
    > >- Sony Extended BIOS Dynamic Link Library
    > >

    > We are sorry, but the item you requested is no longer available.
    >
    > Please visit our web site again for all your Sony parts and accessory
    > needs.
    > -------
    >
    > It's not available...NO S--- SHERLOCK
    >
    > How hard is it to post software on the internet?
    >
    > Dan

    Humm, seems the question is:: HOW HARDS IS IT TO SEARCH FUCKING GOOGLE?

    http://esupport.sony.com/perl/swu-list.pl?template=EN&mdl=PCGF350

    http://esupport.sony.com/perl/swu-download.pl?template=EN&upd_id=361&os_id=6&mdl=PCGF350

    Looks like the drivers are all for win2k, but if you have XP I'd give
    these drivers a shot.

    , Dec 24, 2004

  3. <> wrote in message

    > Humm, seems the question is:: HOW HARDS IS IT TO SEARCH FUCKING GOOGLE?
    >
    > http://esupport.sony.com/perl/swu-list.pl?template=EN&mdl=PCGF350
    >
    > http://esupport.sony.com/perl/swu-download.pl?template=EN&upd_id=361&os_id=6&mdl=PCGF350
    >
    > Looks like the drivers are all for win2k, but if you have XP I'd give
    > these drivers a shot.

    I guess the new question is HOW HARD IS IT TO READ THE ORIGINAL THREAD? The
    guy clearly said he needed Windows 98 drivers. Windows 2000 drivers
    certainly won't work for him. Somebody else posted the ME drivers. Those
    have a chance of working...guess the OP will have to just try and see.

    Patrick Michael, Dec 24, 2004
  4. "Dan" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, posted an email to Sony parts dept. Here's the response:
    >
    > >Thank you for contacting Sony's Direct Accessories and Parts Center (DAPC

    USA).
    > >Your question was: I have a sony vaio PCG-F350 that I'm repairing and it

    came with no Recovery CDs. The following DLLs are required for every app
    available on your website, but these critical files are _not available_ on
    your website:

    > >- Sony Notebook Control Device Utility
    > >- Sony Utility Dynamic Link Library
    > >- Sony Extended BIOS Dynamic Link Library
    > >

    > We are sorry, but the item you requested is no longer available.
    >
    > Please visit our web site again for all your Sony parts and accessory
    > needs.
    > -------
    >
    > It's not available...NO S--- SHERLOCK
    >
    > How hard is it to post software on the internet?
    >
    > Dan

    Google this Sony Extended BIOS Dynamic Link Library and have google
    translate the chinese page..
    scroll down the page ... poof there are your drivers...

    --
    <B0N3H3@D>

    «bonehead;\), Dec 24, 2004
  5. "Dan" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, posted an email to Sony parts dept. Here's the response:
    >
    > >Thank you for contacting Sony's Direct Accessories and Parts Center (DAPC

    USA).
    > >Your question was: I have a sony vaio PCG-F350 that I'm repairing and it

    came with no Recovery CDs. The following DLLs are required for every app
    available on your website, but these critical files are _not available_ on
    your website:

    > >- Sony Notebook Control Device Utility
    > >- Sony Utility Dynamic Link Library
    > >- Sony Extended BIOS Dynamic Link Library
    > >

    > We are sorry, but the item you requested is no longer available.
    >
    > Please visit our web site again for all your Sony parts and accessory
    > needs.
    > -------
    >
    > It's not available...NO S--- SHERLOCK
    >
    > How hard is it to post software on the internet?

    OR go here and ask...
    http://forums.windrivers.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=319

    «bonehead;\), Dec 24, 2004
  6. "Dan" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, posted an email to Sony parts dept. Here's the response:
    >
    > >Thank you for contacting Sony's Direct Accessories and Parts Center (DAPC

    USA).
    > >Your question was: I have a sony vaio PCG-F350 that I'm repairing and it

    came with no Recovery CDs. The following DLLs are required for every app
    available on your website, but these critical files are _not available_ on
    your website:

    > >- Sony Notebook Control Device Utility
    > >- Sony Utility Dynamic Link Library
    > >- Sony Extended BIOS Dynamic Link Library
    > >

    > We are sorry, but the item you requested is no longer available.
    >
    > Please visit our web site again for all your Sony parts and accessory
    > needs.
    > -------
    >
    > It's not available...NO S--- SHERLOCK
    >
    > How hard is it to post software on the internet?

    Also if I remember correctly some vaio notebooks have a different
    2 model numbers on tthe notebook... drove me nuts for a week
    till i found this out...

    --
    <B0N3H3@D>

    «bonehead;\), Dec 24, 2004
  7. Dan

    Yeti Guest

    On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 09:33:22 -0600, Patrick Michael <>
    wrote:

    > <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Humm, seems the question is:: HOW HARDS IS IT TO SEARCH FUCKING GOOGLE?
    >>
    >> http://esupport.sony.com/perl/swu-list.pl?template=EN&mdl=PCGF350
    >>
    >> http://esupport.sony.com/perl/swu-
    >> download.pl?template=EN&upd_id=361&os_id=6&mdl=PCGF350
    >>
    >> Looks like the drivers are all for win2k, but if you have XP I'd give
    >> these drivers a shot.

    > I guess the new question is HOW HARD IS IT TO READ THE ORIGINAL THREAD?
    > The guy clearly said he needed Windows 98 drivers. Windows 2000 drivers
    > certainly won't work for him.

    My point is that I found the driver download page for his model and the
    various OS's that Sony chooses to support in less than three minutes.

    If he had spent more time learning to use the internet and less time
    bitching about a company, I think he would be a much happier person.

    Yeti, Dec 24, 2004
  8. On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 15:55:51 -0500, Yeti <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 09:33:22 -0600, Patrick Michael <>
    >wrote:
    >

    >> <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Humm, seems the question is:: HOW HARDS IS IT TO SEARCH FUCKING GOOGLE?
    >>>
    >>> http://esupport.sony.com/perl/swu-list.pl?template=EN&mdl=PCGF350
    >>>
    >>> http://esupport.sony.com/perl/swu-
    >>> download.pl?template=EN&upd_id=361&os_id=6&mdl=PCGF350
    >>>
    >>> Looks like the drivers are all for win2k, but if you have XP I'd give
    >>> these drivers a shot.

    >> I guess the new question is HOW HARD IS IT TO READ THE ORIGINAL THREAD?
    >> The guy clearly said he needed Windows 98 drivers. Windows 2000 drivers
    >> certainly won't work for him.

    >My point is that I found the driver download page for his model and the
    >various OS's that Sony chooses to support in less than three minutes.
    >
    >If he had spent more time learning to use the internet and less time
    >bitching about a company, I think he would be a much happier person.

    I had a Dexxa scanner a few years back, and the original W98 drivers
    wouldn't work with XP. I did a web search, and although I couldn't
    find drivers for XP that originated from Dexxa, I found drivers that
    some individual(s) had coded to get around the problem. Go figure...

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Dec 25, 2004
  9. Dan

    Dan Guest

    On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 15:55:51 -0500, Yeti <> wrote:

    >My point is that I found the driver download page for his model and the
    >various OS's that Sony chooses to support in less than three minutes.
    >
    >If he had spent more time learning to use the internet and less time
    >bitching about a company, I think he would be a much happier person.

    Actually if I had used windows 2000 or XP, the computer would never
    have booted at all.

    After buying a copy of the Sony recovery CDs from an auction, I
    installed windows 98se on the Vaio. Installation was great....no
    problems.

    Then I re-start the computer. 98 boots up, then immediately shuts
    down...EVERYTHING shuts down except the CPU fan. I try to re-start,
    does the same thing. I'm thinking to myself "this thing is an even
    worse lemon than I thought".

    Turns out the motherboard capacitors around the CPU that regulate
    voltage have burned out, due to the excess heat from the CPU they are
    supposed to protect! When ACPI was activated in Win98 the CPU
    interpreted a FALSE overheat and immediately shut down everything.

    Easy solution? Disable ACPI VxD's and drivers in windows 98. This
    would NOT work with windows 2000 or XP. The motherboard would have to
    be torn apart, and the capacitors (about a dozen of them) would have
    to be removed and new ones soldered in their place.

    SO...the Vaio gets a blue screen or two while booting up, but they're
    not page faults or error screens, just warnings that ACPI cannot be
    found. The following website explains everything:

    http://www.physik.uni-freiburg.de/~zwerger/cip/Vaio/indexeng.htm

    Dan

    Dan, Jan 4, 2005