    functions.
    Are these things really handy as i would imagine that 20gb worth of memory
    cards would cost a fortune.

    Philip, Aug 6, 2004

  2. Philip

    Malcolm Guest

    If you take a lot of pictures away from home and computer, and you do not
    own a laptop computer, I would venture that you've made a wise purchase
    (assuming the portable drive takes the memory media that your camera uses -
    Memory Sticks?).

    Personally, I take my laptop along and unload pictures to it every once in a
    while if I'm shooting a bunch of pictures. Gives me a chance to review the
    pictures full-size, so I can see better what I'm doing without resorting to
    the small business-card sized display on the back of the camera.

    Yes, 20gb of flash memory would cost in the thousands of dollars.
    --
    Malcolm

    "Philip" <> wrote in message
    > I have just bought an F828 & i have a question regarding image storage.
    > I managed to purchase at a reasonable cost a portable 20gb Hard Drive

    which

    Malcolm, Aug 6, 2004

  3. Philip

    Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <LNSQc.9404$>,
    "Malcolm" <> wrote:

    > (assuming the portable drive takes the memory media that your camera uses -
    > Memory Sticks?)

    The 828 uses either Memory Sticks of CF type 1 or 2 storage medium.

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

    Bob Salomon, Aug 6, 2004
  4. Philip

    Bowser Guest

    Yes, but remember you're trusting your images to a rotating device, and
    although it's very reliable, it is far from perfect. I'd be more inclined to
    trust something optical.

    Bowser, Aug 7, 2004