    other occasions like air shows etc... & i was just wondering if the Sony
    F828 is a good tool for this job, speaking from an ameture point of view !!

    Phil.

    Philip, Jun 29, 2004

  2. "Philip" <> wrote in
    news:cSiEc.225$:

    > Hi All
    >
    > Anyone out there got one of these cameras ?? I have a Kodak DX7630 for
    > regular point & shoot usage but i am after something a bit more
    > special for other occasions like air shows etc... & i was just
    > wondering if the Sony F828 is a good tool for this job, speaking from
    > an ameture point of view !!
    >
    > Phil.

    For about the same price, consider an entry level DSLR instead. You will
    gain a larger sensor, better overall image quality, higher ISO settings,
    and the ability to change lenses. The Canon Digital Rebel/300D and the
    Nikon D70 are both excellent choices.

    --
    "Live fast. Die young." (Nikki Sixx)

    -Richard Cockburn

    Richard Cockburn, Jun 29, 2004

  3. Philip

    grenner Guest

    Not a good choice. Above 100 speed very noisy and color is not always
    accurate. Go for a Canon 300D digital SLR for the same price with a lens
    instead. From what I have researched none of the 8 megapixles from Canon,
    Nikon, Sony, Minolta or Olympus are really that good for the $1000 price
    point. I returned the 828 and got the 300D and have been very pleased

    Greg
    "Philip" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All
    >
    > Anyone out there got one of these cameras ?? I have a Kodak DX7630 for
    > regular point & shoot usage but i am after something a bit more special

    for
    > other occasions like air shows etc... & i was just wondering if the Sony
    > F828 is a good tool for this job, speaking from an ameture point of view

    !!

    grenner, Jun 29, 2004
  4. Philip

    Bouser Guest

    Strengths: wonderful lens, great handling, well-made, excellent image
    quality at low ISO settings.

    Downside: noise at ISO settings above 100.

    If you want an 8MP ZLR, take a look at the Canon Pro 1.

    Bouser, Jun 29, 2004
  5. Philip

    mark_digital Guest

    "Philip" <> wrote in message news:cSiEc.225$...
    Hi All

    Anyone out there got one of these cameras ?? I have a Kodak DX7630 for
    regular point & shoot usage but i am after something a bit more special for
    other occasions like air shows etc... & i was just wondering if the Sony
    F828 is a good tool for this job, speaking from an ameture point of view !!

    Phil.
    ----------------
    I recommend buying it's bounce flash if you decide on the F828. Battery life is very good. The extra emerald pixel sensor provides a very subtle difference many say they cannot see. I believe the camera is a great value for the money and should keep you very statisfied for a long time.

    mark_

    mark_digital, Jul 1, 2004
  6. Philip writes:

    > Anyone out there got one of these cameras ??

    Yes.

    The feature that sold me was 45 minutes of 640x480 30 fps video, onto a 4
    GB Microdrive. That and an 8 megapixel still camera are a great combo.

    Richard J Kinch, Jul 6, 2004