    Can anyone tell me where i can find in depth reviews on this camera please &
    i would like to hear from any current users out there too.

    Phil.
    Pilot Pete, May 2, 2004

  2. Pilot Pete

    Mark B. Guest

    &

    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonydscf828/
    Mark B., May 2, 2004

  3. Pilot Pete

    Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <40951220@212.67.96.135>,
    "Pilot Pete" <> wrote:

    > Can anyone tell me where i can find in depth reviews on this camera please &
    > i would like to hear from any current users out there too.
    >
    > Phil.

    I sold my 717 for the 828. What do you want to know? Other then "am I
    satisfied"? The answer to that is yes.

    My only complaint is the size.

    --
    HP Marketing Corp. www.hpmarketingcorp.com Ansmann, Braun, Combina,
    DF, Ergorest, Gepe, Gepe-Pro, Giottos, Heliopan, Kaiser, Kopho, Linhof,
    Bob Salomon, May 2, 2004
  4. Pilot Pete

    Bill Hilton Guest

    Bill Hilton, May 2, 2004
  5. Pilot Pete

    bmoag Guest

    I have one: an extraordinary machine. The only other 8mp EVF finder camera I
    would consider is the Minolta: same zoom range, anti-shake, smaller and
    lighter. I have not seen "purple fringe" in at least a thousand exposures
    and the sensor seems more resistant to moire than what I have seen from
    DSLRs.
    The main criticisms:
    -the electronic viewfinder (EVF) in these cameras can make following action
    in bright light difficult. dSLR TTL direct view is superior.
    -the fixed lens with with short focal lengths yields more depth of field
    even at wide open aperture than might be desirable and limits the smallest
    f-stop to about f8 because of diffraction effects.
    -limited ability to adjust the onboard flash levels for fill. However the
    camera works well with non-Sony external flash and you can review and
    reshoot if you don't like the result.
    -Not a dSLR (some people just can't get past that).
    bmoag, May 2, 2004
  6. Pilot Pete

    Paul H. Guest

    Paul H., May 2, 2004
  7. Pilot Pete

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "bmoag"

    >I have one: an extraordinary machine.
    >
    >The main criticisms: <snip>

    How about the slow write times for RAW files, do consider this a problem or do
    you only shoot jpegs?
    Bill Hilton, May 2, 2004
  8. Bob Salomon <> wrote in

    > I sold my 717 for the 828. What do you want to know? Other then "am I
    > satisfied"? The answer to that is yes.
    >
    > My only complaint is the size.

    Hi, Bob. I moved to the 828 from a 707, and I *prefer* the size of the
    828; the camera feels better much better and more stable in my hands.

    --
    Albert Nurick | www.TheDeliciousLife.com
    www.nurick.com | in Houston, Texas.
    Albert Nurick, May 2, 2004
  9. LOnGliVDfAjTerS, May 2, 2004
  10. "Pilot Pete" <> wrote in message news:40951220@212.67.96.135...
    :Can anyone tell me where i can find in depth reviews on this camera please &
    :i would like to hear from any current users out there too.

    :phil.
    The strangest purple fringe I've seen so far was in a scene I took
    where a woman was wearing a light peach business suit jacket.
    It was an outdoor shot on a over cast day. The effected area
    was around her shoulder and it didn't matter what the background
    was. The fringing shows up more on screen than in the subsequent
    prints. As a matter of fact, any outdoor shots that may have fringe
    only occur on overcast days. And to put things in perspective, 3
    out of 200 shots had purple fringe on that day.
    I had an Olympus before this one. Group skin tones were hell.
    It also had a very irritating greenish overcast. I spent most of my
    time working these things out of each image. Now, basically I
    crop for standard size, occasionally do a .7 @ 40% unsharp mask,
    and resave the file for later printing. Honestly, that's it 99.9%of the time.

    mark_
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=, May 2, 2004
  11. Pilot Pete

    Pilot Pete Guest

    Thanks everyone for your replies.
    I curently own a Minolta Dimage 7 but i have never been really impressed
    with it & F828 would be great as i also own a Sony TRV60 Camcorder which
    uses the Infolithium M series FM50 battery & a memory stick for the stills
    so this is an added bonus too.
    I have checked out the review on Steves Digicams & i will look at the others
    too shortly so thank you all for the links provided.

    Phil.

    Pilot Pete, May 2, 2004