    DSCF828 Cyber-shot

    RRP $2,299.00 inc GST

    Are now being shiped..

    Dumdedo, Dec 20, 2003

  2. "Dumdedo" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > So here is the Official Sony Price
    >
    > DSCF828 Cyber-shot
    >

    > RRP $2,299.00 inc GST
    >
    > Are now being shiped..

    And a street price of $1899 if you shop around...

    forensic analysis, Dec 20, 2003

  3. Dumdedo

    Dumdedo Guest

    On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 23:59:03 +1300, "forensic analysis" <look@me> wrote:

    >"Dumdedo" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> So here is the Official Sony Price
    >>
    >> DSCF828 Cyber-shot
    >>

    >> RRP $2,299.00 inc GST
    >>
    >> Are now being shiped..

    >And a street price of $1899 if you shop around...

    THat might not be possible until they get stock..

    Dumdedo, Dec 20, 2003
  4. "Dumdedo" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 23:59:03 +1300, "forensic analysis" <look@me> wrote:

    > >And a street price of $1899 if you shop around...
    > >

    > THat might not be possible until they get stock..

    Standard back-order for February delivery.

    It's a pity you didn't listen to advice you were given on the 11th of
    November regarding this camera, at which time you were claiming that it
    would be 3 times the US price, were making out it wouldn't be available for
    less than $3000, and were indicating a likely figure of $3600 (based on your
    US$1200 x 3 statements).

    I re-quote for you:

    "Not if they want to sell any.

    I just checked up with my supplier (who already has 11 units on backorder),
    and for a piecemeal order, even I can do them for $2,144. Based on another
    site that I had a look at, they are doing them for $2,199 and the RRP is
    apparently $2,299. A large chain doing a bulk order would be able to
    special them at $1,999 soon enough after the post-release period."

    The RRP was apparent at that time, and in the interim with the help of a
    rising dollar and supplier specials, some retailers can supply them at
    $1899.

    forensic analysis, Dec 20, 2003
  5. Dumdedo

    Tim Guest

    $1852 inc GST here...
    http://www.pp.co.nz/DigitalCameras.php

    Tim, Dec 20, 2003
  6. Dumdedo

    Max Burke Guest

    > Tim scribbled:
    > $1852 inc GST here...
    > http://www.pp.co.nz/DigitalCameras.php

    Have they got any in stock?
    Or will they require you put 2/3rds down as evidence that you want to buy,
    then have to wait until Sony actually starts shipping the camera to NZ
    *sometime* soon (like next year some time).....

    So far all I can find is that it's only available in a few EU contries and
    is a very limited supply....

    --
    mlvburke@#%&*.net.nz
    See Found Images at:

    Max Burke, Dec 20, 2003
  7. Dumdedo

    Tim Guest

    No, none in stock...
    Ive dealt with Paradigm on several occassions and have only been asked for a
    deposit once and thats when I ordered a complete new system. From experience
    if I was to order that camera I would probably be sent a backorder email from
    them advising when it will be next available etc. I doubt theyd want any
    dollars upfront until they became available/ready to ship to me.

    Tim, Dec 20, 2003
  8. Dumdedo

    sal Guest

    On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 23:10:43 +1300, Dumdedo
    <> wrote:

    >So here is the Official Sony Price
    >
    >DSCF828 Cyber-shot
    >

    > RRP $2,299.00 inc GST
    >
    >Are now being shiped..

    The first reviews of it haven't been so good. You'd be better going
    for the Canon EOS 300D which is a SLR digicam at a cheap price (at
    least in the US it is) . What is interesting about the new sony, is
    that it is multicard type compatible, seems sony have finally realized
    that they are losing the prosumer market with the memory stick.

    sal, Dec 20, 2003
  9. Dumdedo

    Dumdedo Guest

    On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 11:21:56 +1300, Tim <> wrote:

    >No, none in stock...
    >Ive dealt with Paradigm on several occassions and have only been asked for a
    >deposit once and thats when I ordered a complete new system. From experience
    >if I was to order that camera I would probably be sent a backorder email from
    >them advising when it will be next available etc. I doubt theyd want any
    >dollars upfront until they became available/ready to ship to me.

    Its very wise to stay away from the Sony stuff for a least 6 months, the F717
    had lots of problems and a recall.

    Dumdedo, Dec 20, 2003
  10. Dumdedo

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > So here is the Official Sony Price
    >
    > DSCF828 Cyber-shot
    >

    > RRP $2,299.00 inc GST
    >
    > Are now being shiped..

    And the F717 will continue in production

    Mainlander, Dec 21, 2003