    Also, what's the best tripod that works with Sony F717?

    Thanks,

    - Satish

    Satish K, Aug 15, 2003

  2. I don't know what's in the "filter kit". I only rarely have much use
    for filters other than the occasional use of a polarizer, occasional
    use of an ND, and use of an 89A plus ND or deep green for doing
    daylight infrared photography.

    But you should NOT mount a filter behind the accessory tele and wide
    lenses unless you are looking for a specific effect. They tend to hurt
    the lens performance as they move the accessory lens further away from
    the main lens and change the optical formula.

    Any good, sturdy tripod works well with the F717. Because it has such a
    long lens to begin with (equiv. 190mm at full telephoto, equiv. 320mm
    with the 1.7x extender) and because the wide angle and telextender
    accessory lenses are quite heavy, I would suggest nothing lighter than
    a Bogen/Manfrotto 3021 or equivalent for best results.

    I use a Bogen/Manfrotto 3444D with Manfrotto 3265 or FOBA SuperMiniBall
    Plus head. That's essentially a CF version of the 3021 and is overly
    expensive, but wonderfully lightweight.

    Godfrey

    Godfrey DiGiorgi, Aug 15, 2003

  3. Satish K

    Satish K Guest

    Godfrey - Thanks for the answers. The kit includes one ND and one
    multicoated filter. - Satish

    Satish K, Aug 15, 2003