    Why does it take so long?
    Thanks.
    DA
    DA, May 2, 2007

  2. DA

    Mike S. Guest

    In article <Lp1_h.9$>, DA <> wrote:
    >I have a Sony DRX-830U external 2.0 USB DVD Recorder.
    >This is a 16x machine.
    >Using the Nero Software that came with the machine, it takes it
    >about three hours to make a copy of a one hour DVD.
    >I do our church services each Sunday on tape, transfer to DVD
    >and make copies for our shut-in members.
    >Why does it take so long?
    >Thanks.
    >DA

    Does your computer have a USB2 high speed port, and is it functioning
    correctly?
    Mike S., May 2, 2007

  3. DA

    art2u Guest

    On Wed, 02 May 2007 10:40:52 -0500, DA wrote:

    > I have a Sony DRX-830U external 2.0 USB DVD Recorder. This is a 16x
    > machine.
    > Using the Nero Software that came with the machine, it takes it about
    > three hours to make a copy of a one hour DVD. I do our church services
    > each Sunday on tape, transfer to DVD and make copies for our shut-in
    > members. Why does it take so long?
    > Thanks.
    > DA

    if I may suggest, try this instead:

    VSO DivxToDVD 0.5.2b (last freeware version)

    VSO DivXtoDVD is an easy-to-use freeware tool that allows converting any
    video file format (not just DivX) to a DVD-Video -compliant.

    Program also supports converting audio files into 2-channel AC3 format,
    supports NTSC and PAL formats and also 16:9 and 4:3 aspect ratios.

    Program's encoding engine is pretty fast and produces good-quality
    results (of course it can't be compared to multipass encoding with CCE,
    but the easiness and the speed of the software makes it up), considering
    that the source material is typically already heavily compressed with
    lossy encoding methods.

    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/dawnload.cfm?mirror_id=0&version_id=1531&software_id=637

    -Art- (not Art)
    art2u, May 2, 2007
  4. DA

    Rich Clark Guest

    "DA" <> wrote in message
    >I have a Sony DRX-830U external 2.0 USB DVD Recorder.
    > This is a 16x machine.
    > Using the Nero Software that came with the machine, it takes it
    > about three hours to make a copy of a one hour DVD.
    > I do our church services each Sunday on tape, transfer to DVD
    > and make copies for our shut-in members.
    > Why does it take so long?
    > Thanks.
    > DA

    It sounds like it's transcoding the video each time it's making a DVD.
    Instead, be sure to make a disc image file (.ISO) the first time, and then
    do all subsequent copies by burning the image to the blank discs. This will
    make future copying much easier as well, since you can ditch all the capture
    files and keep only the source tape for your archives and the ISO file for
    making copies.

    It shouldn't take more that 15 minutes to burn an ISO file.

    Rich Clark, May 2, 2007
  5. DA

    DA Guest

    2.0 is working ok.
    Art2u....went to the site, registered, will not let me download even after
    I signed on with my account info....???

    Thanks.
    DA

    DA, May 2, 2007
  6. DA

    DA Guest

    Yes it is saving as an .iso file. Still taking about real time x 4.
    ????

    Thanks.

    DA

    DA, May 8, 2007