sony dvpnc685v

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by rich, Nov 4, 2003.

  1. rich

    rich Guest

    I'm planning to get an HDTV soon and need to upgrade my DVD player,
    my trusty Sony DPV-S3000, to a progressive scan player. I am
    considering the Sony DVPNC685V 5-disc changer so I can also replace
    my old CD changer and because it has a DTS decoder (my reciever is
    pre-DTS but includes 5.1 inputs.) I don't care so much about the
    SACD support.

    But after researching I found all this info about the chroma bug
    which I hadn't heard of. Now I'm reconsidering my choice. I assume
    the DVPNC685V has the bug. Can anyone confirm this? Or is it really
    noticable? It sounds like the Panasonics don't have the bug, but I
    would like to stick with a coax digital audio connection and it seems
    most of the pannys are optical only. Can anyone recommend another
    5-disc changer I might consider? I can do without the DTS decoder
    if necessary.

    Thanks!

    rich...

    rich, Nov 4, 2003