    chanels: C, L, R, SURR-L, SURR-R and SubWoofer)

    Please help,
    F.
    Kazamaza, Feb 16, 2004

  2. Kazamaza

    What The! Guest

    With an integrated 5.1 channel decoder it will output movies with AC3 and
    DTS soundtracks (if selected & supported) though those analogue outputs.

    What The!, Feb 16, 2004

  3. Kazamaza

    Nic Guest

    > "Kazamaza" <> wrote in message
    > > The SONY DVP-NS930 has a built-in AC3 decoder and DTS decoder. It also
    > > has a 6 analog channel outputs (5.1 output).
    > >
    > > Does that mean that the AC3 and DTS get decoded in the player and
    > > delivered through the 5.1 analog channel outputs? Or are these outputs
    > > just only for the SACD?

    Yes, and then they get amplified with an amp/receiver with 6 chanel input.
    They are for SACD as well.

    ---
    Nic, Feb 16, 2004
  4. Kazamaza

    Scot Gardner Guest

    "Nic" <> wrote in message
    > "Kazamaza" <> wrote in message
    > > The SONY DVP-NS930 has a built-in AC3 decoder and DTS decoder. It
    > > also has a 6 analog channel outputs (5.1 output).
    > >
    > > Does that mean that the AC3 and DTS get decoded in the player and
    > > delivered through the 5.1 analog channel outputs? Or are these
    > > outputs just only for the SACD?

    <<Yes, and then they get amplified with an amp/receiver with 6 chanel
    input. They are for SACD as well.>>

    You can also tap into any of the 5.1 outputs for testing purposes.

    These outputs can also be hooked up separately, for cheap thrills:

    1. Hook up Front Left and Front Right to a stereo receiver or amplifier
    or a 2 or 3-piece computer speaker system.

    2. Hook up the Center channel to the TVs audio input.

    3. Hook up the Surround L & R to a boom box or a 2 or 3-piece computer
    speaker system.

    4. A subwoofer can also be used with the player's LFE output.

    This is the perfect, low-budget system. Unfortunately, volume must be
    adjusted on 3 or 4 different components. Still, its better than no
    surround at all.
    Scot Gardner, Feb 16, 2004