    anyone know how to get to the child protection menu?

    TIA
    fred.
    Frederic Elias, May 24, 2004

  2. > but as soon as i press on the "skip" or
    >"fast forward" button, or if i just wait a little bit, a big black rectangle
    >appears in the lower half of my TV screen, masking half of the movie's
    >picture....

    Please indicate specifics about your setup.

    Do you have any of the closed caption options active on your TV? Is the DVD
    player running through a VCR?

    Can you post a picture of this on a website? - Reinhart
    LASERandDVDfan, May 24, 2004

  3. > Do you have any of the closed caption options active on your TV?

    i turned the closed caption options off, and now the big black rectangle is
    gone. thanks for the hint!!!!
    Frederic Elias, May 25, 2004
  4. Frederic Elias

    maxfoo Guest

    On Mon, 24 May 2004 23:13:31 -0400, "Frederic Elias" <>
    wrote:

    >> Do you have any of the closed caption options active on your TV?

    >i turned the closed caption options off, and now the big black rectangle is
    >gone. thanks for the hint!!!!

    I have that model sony dvp-ns315, was working fine for a year, then it quit
    playing dvds. the motor doesn't spin anymore...what a POS.

    Remove "HeadFromButt", before replying by email.
    maxfoo, May 25, 2004
  5. Frederic Elias

    WDS Guest

    Owners' manuals can be downloaded at this link:
    http://www.iq.sony.com/srvs/sosdocs/default.asp

    WDS, May 26, 2004